Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NH832 Diverted to HND

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; DL DM; IHG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Hertz President's Circle
NH832 Diverted to HND

NH832 (departed 10:33 p.m. on 5/2/19) from SGN to NRT diverted to Haneda early Friday morning.

Anyone have any idea what happened?
Old May 4, 2019, 2:20 pm

It would appear to be due to low visibility at NRT:

Checking FlightRadar the bird took off about 2 hours later to make the trek over to NRT. Knowing the Japanese, passengers were likely off boarded so they could use the NH lounge, boarding took 10 minutes and they managed to provide a full meal service in the 20 or so minutes they were airborne

-James
NYC2SGN likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: UAL 1k
Yes, morning visibility around the 6-7am time frame are very prone to fog. Usually both crew members will be CAT 2 qualified to be able to land in the lower visibility. On this particular day one of the crew was not qualified for the lower visibility hence the diversion to Haneda. I was actually concerned this morning coming in on my cargo flight for this very issue. My first officer had not yet been checked out for the lower visibility landings. Thankfully the visibility improved before our arrival at 7am.
Torode, Tokyoite, NYC2SGN and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.