Search

"Star Wars" partnership over?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 4:47 pm
mr8
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
"Star Wars" livery status?

I happened to be on JA604A a couple of weeks ago, but it had the standard NH livery. I asked one of the flight attendants and they confirmed the tail number and that it might have had the "Star Wars" livery in the past, but that it was over.

Any more info on this? They did have a large "Star Wars" model plane in the ITM lounge last month, but I believed they removed the storm trooper figures from the display cabinet at the ANA Lunge in the HND international terminal.

Last edited by mr8; May 2, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Old May 1, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Given that ANA JCB cards recently launched new Star Wars designs, I don’t think so.
Old May 2, 2019, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Yesterday I saw the BB8 painted frame in LAX, but is has been a while since I have seen the R2D2 frame anywhere.
Old May 2, 2019, 3:29 pm
mr8
Original Poster

I've been trying to get on one of the Star Wars planes for a few years now, so it was both exciting and disappointing to find out I was on one by random luck and that it no longer had the Star Wars livery! Flight attendants did find me a "boarding certificate" for the aircraft so that was nice of them.

https://www.ana-sw.com/en/jets only lists the R2 (JA873A), BB8 (JA789A), and c3po (JA743A), and it looks like the JA604A was in need of some new paint, so maybe they just went with a standard pain job since it wasn't one of the main liveries to begin with...?
https://www.airplane-pictures.net/ph...oeing-767-300/

Last edited by mr8; May 2, 2019 at 3:34 pm
Old May 2, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mr8
I've been trying to get on one of the Star Wars planes for a few years now, so it was both exciting and disappointing to find out I was on one by random luck and that it no longer had the Star Wars livery! Flight attendants did find me a "boarding certificate" for the aircraft so that was nice of them.

https://www.ana-sw.com/en/jets only lists the R2 (JA873A), BB8 (JA789A), and c3po (JA743A), and it looks like the JA604A was in need of some new paint, so maybe they just went with a standard pain job since it wasn't one of the main liveries to begin with...?
https://www.airplane-pictures.net/ph...oeing-767-300/
JA604A used to have a mixed R2-D2 / BB-8 livery. Maybe it's not needed now that they are on JA873A and JA789A separately.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:53 pm

I saw RD-D2 parked across the tarmac at NRT last week.
Old May 8, 2019, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I noticed yesterday evening that all the Star Wars items are gone from the Haneda Lounge. So I guess the partnership is being cancelled.
Old May 9, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I noticed yesterday evening that all the Star Wars items are gone from the Haneda Lounge. So I guess the partnership is being cancelled.
However, saw one of the Star Wars birds at HND earlier this week:

Old May 9, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
However, saw one of the Star Wars birds at HND earlier this week:

I saw it in LAX the 1st of May, I would guess it will only be updated once the plane needs to be painted anyway.
Old May 9, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec
FWIW, it appear United is getting a Star Wars themed livery.

https://pointmetotheplane.boardingar...r-wars-design/
mr8 likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by mr8
They did have a large "Star Wars" model plane in the ITM lounge last month, but I believed they removed the storm trooper figures from the display cabinet at the ANA Lunge in the HND international terminal.
The windowless lounge at NRT still has the model plane, too.

Old May 12, 2019, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

The windowless lounge at NRT still has the model plane, too.

The inflight magasine still has the star wars planes on the fleet page.
worldclubber likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The inflight magasine still has the star wars planes on the fleet page.
Yeah, do not think the partnership is over just yet.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond+SFC+1MM (NH*G), Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Penn Club of NY
The inflight announcements on Star Wars jets are quite annoying, especially when the speakers are turned up! The last thing you want on a red-eye flight is R2-D2 chirping at you with a slew of high-pitched digital noises.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:27 pm
mr8
Original Poster

I did see C-3PO taxing at HND a few days ago, so it seems like JA604A is the only one that has been retired..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.