Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Any ANA or partner flights Tashkent to Kashgar to Xian to Beijing?

Old Apr 24, 19, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Trying to plan ATW trip Boston to Prague to Tashkent to Kashgar to Xian to Beijing to Boston.

I'm not finding any Star Alliance or other ANA partner routes Tashkent to Kashgar to Xian to Beijing (or any similar route).

Am I missing anything? Thank you to anyone who can advise.
Old Apr 24, 19, 9:13 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Air China operates flights related to Kashgar, Xi'an and Beijing, but the route is hard to build as you need to build the stopover by yourself through beijing, urumuqi or Chengdu which are important ports for Air China.
Instead, I would highly recommend to take the high speed train travel within China (from Urumuqi to Xi'an to Beijing, it would be much easier and nice, I am not sure high speed train now if they can reach to Kashgar, but you may want to have a try, the name of the Kashigar in Chinese would be Kashi) or directly purchase some part of the air ticket through cash if it is hard to build, as you do not want to fly back and forth to Beijing. There are also cheap flights operated by non star alliance airlines out there you can directly purchase. From Xi'an to Beijing, this would be quite easy to find an award ticket through Air China, as both of them are big city.
Old Apr 24, 19, 9:16 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Also, if you want to fly with Star Alliance, it might end up with you first have to flight back to Beijing, then to Urumuqi then finally end up at Kashgar, then fly back to Urumuqi, to Beijing, to Xi'an, then to Beijing, as Kashgar is a rather small place.
Old Apr 25, 19, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much HenrySu. Looks like I overlooked Air China as a ANA partner. I will also look again at the trains although some of the segments seemed to be over 24 hours.

As you say, there are also inexpensive non Star Alliance flights to that could also help me piece this route together.
Old Apr 25, 19, 9:14 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Originally Posted by Alan9573 View Post
Thank you so much HenrySu. Looks like I overlooked Air China as a ANA partner. I will also look again at the trains although some of the segments seemed to be over 24 hours.

As you say, there are also inexpensive non Star Alliance flights to that could also help me piece this route together.

Air China actually has a lot of routes than majority of the airlines, I am not sure if you have been Kashgar before, it is a rather small and remote place in China. Most of the big cities and hubs in China are along the east coast, the only big hub there was Xi'an and Chengdu which are also far away from Kashgar, Kashgar also located in a place that is rather difficult to reach.
If you are in the US, it kinds like you wanted to fly from Ottawa to Wausau in WI and then from Wausau, WI to Omaha, though they geographically looked like in a line if you drive through the road, but they are rather difficult to make sense by flights as you are flying to a small remote city from another country.

Search this Thread