F Award but domestic only economy

Old Apr 11, 19, 5:34 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tri State Area
Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Posts: 1,780
F Award but domestic only economy

Hi,

when I look for a F award I.e Osaka - Tokyo - New York the domestic leg is always Economy
not a big deal as the flight is so short, but
1) is that always the case or just for the date/destination combo (premium seats are for sale)
2) will the eco segment be upgraded at some point
3) will I have lounge access in Osaka due to the First ticket?

Last edited by blitzen; Apr 14, 19 at 1:26 pm
blitzen is offline  
Old Apr 11, 19, 6:17 am
  #2  
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: DCA
Programs: Marriott GLD; Hilton GLD; Free Agent (former AA PLT/US GLD)
Posts: 1,167
1) This is always the case
2) You can upgrade at the airport on the day of departure by paying the premium class fee.
3) Yes. https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/internat...ounge/connect/
blitzen likes this.
Beltway2A is offline  
Old Apr 11, 19, 10:01 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tri State Area
Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Posts: 1,780
Thanks
1) is what I thought
2) not really important as 3 is “yes”
3) that was the possible problem but not anymore

btw how far in advance so I need to check in at ITM? 2h (my usual US EWR safe timeframe )?
blitzen is offline  
Old Apr 11, 19, 10:13 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Japan
Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
Posts: 1,506
Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
Thanks
1) is what I thought
2) not really important as 3 is “yes”
3) that was the possible problem but not anymore

btw how far in advance so I need to check in at ITM? 2h (my usual US EWR safe timeframe )?
You have an international connection, so 30 minutes before departure is check in dead line at ITM.
For a domestic only flight, check in deadline is 20 minutes before departure.
blitzen likes this.
Wasabi Tofu is offline  
Old Apr 11, 19, 12:42 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tri State Area
Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Posts: 1,780
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu View Post
You have an international connection, so 30 minutes before departure is check in dead line at ITM.
For a domestic only flight, check in deadline is 20 minutes before departure.
That is great. Leave it to the japanese to make things work orderly, on time, ..... so if I get to the airport 1h before (online check in but dropping off bags to check) that should be good? My nervous wife will probably get me there earlier anyway.
Last question as the first leg is a domestic do I need to use the economy line or can I use the first/premium check in?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by blitzen; Apr 14, 19 at 1:27 pm
blitzen is offline  
Old Apr 11, 19, 1:59 pm
  #6  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 27,004
Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
Last question as the first leg is a domestic do I need to use teh economy line or can I use the first/premium check in?
There is a separate check-in area for domestic passengers connecting to international flights. I can’t remember if there is a premium check-in counter but the whole area is much quieter and queues are short. It’s close to the entrance and easy to find (no.11 on the map).
Attached Images  
blitzen likes this.
NewbieRunner is offline  
Old Apr 11, 19, 2:23 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tri State Area
Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Posts: 1,780
Thanks and as I might have the choice between connecting in Haneda and Narita I did some research and it seems Narita is easier / quicker ( don’t care about lounge/ shopping as it is a short layover of 1h 10minutes).
blitzen is offline  
Old Apr 11, 19, 8:59 pm
  #8  

2019 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 9,572
Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
Thanks and as I might have the choice between connecting in Haneda and Narita I did some research and it seems Narita is easier / quicker ( don’t care about lounge/ shopping as it is a short layover of 1h 10minutes).
Narita is maybe easier on the map as it is in the same terminal. However, the terminal transfer service in Haneda makes it easier and more interesting.
​​​​​https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/serviceinfo/international/lexus-service/
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Old Apr 12, 19, 5:12 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tri State Area
Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Posts: 1,780
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Narita is maybe easier on the map as it is in the same terminal. However, the terminal transfer service in Haneda makes it easier and more interesting.
​​​​​https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/serviceinfo/international/lexus-service/
thanks for pointing this out. That is news to me .... every time I learn a little bit more
blitzen is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread