Question regarding Star Gold and ANA

Old Feb 25, 19, 11:24 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, DL Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
All inbound F passengers gets immigration fast track. There is not *G immigration fast track.
That's right. It's called "Fast Lane." Be sure to get coupon for it from the FA on board for each passenger - they won't accept a BP or any other kind of credential. And, due to the very limited number of people granted access to it, it really is fast.
Old Feb 25, 19, 10:18 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post

the fast track doesn’t apply to your case.
NRT doesn’t have a fast track for domestic departures.
you would of course need to clear immigration upon landing from IAH (no immigration fast track!), then go to domestic departures.
on the way back from CTS, there is fast track for golds and premium class passengers. They’d waive for your whole family (can’t ask the kids not to come with you, right?)
Is ANA too stingy to use this for their F passengers?

https://www.naa.jp/en/press/pdf/2016...n%E3%80%91.pdf
Old Feb 25, 19, 11:42 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
All inbound F passengers gets immigration fast track. There is not *G immigration fast track.

I can't remember if there is a fast track in Narita domestic, I doubt it. But that would be 1 guest only.
I'm assuming immigration fast track is only available for NH F since UA only has C now, and I've never gotten one in UA C.

They have a *A Gold Track line for both international and domestic departures, as well as for international transfers in NRT.
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post

the Haneda international departures fast track is not a *A gold track (for all golds), but for each individual FFP elites that’s allowed (likely contracts between the respective airlines and HND management)

It's been hit or miss for me as a UA *G flying NH. Sometimes they'll let me go while other times they'll say I need to be flying UA metal to access the line. Really wish they would just make it a standard *A GoldTrack like at NRT.

Last edited by mr8; Feb 25, 19 at 11:53 pm
Old Feb 26, 19, 12:37 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by mr8 View Post
I'm assuming immigration fast track is only available for NH F since UA only has C now, and I've never gotten one in UA C.

The arrival fast track is only available on airlines with an F cabin NH, LX, TG are the ones that spring to mind in T1.
Old Mar 1, 19, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
ANA does not have an equivalent to economy plus seating, they do have some seats like emergency exits blocked for elites and you get access to select these at time of booking.
*G generally cannot select these seats at booking, although they could be blocked for NH's own elites. I've seen exit rows become available at OLCI but never at booking when selecting seats online. Calling in might get a different response. Bulkhead seats are strictly airport assignment only.
Old Mar 1, 19, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post
*G generally cannot select these seats at booking, although they could be blocked for NH's own elites. I've seen exit rows become available at OLCI but never at booking when selecting seats online. Calling in might get a different response. Bulkhead seats are strictly airport assignment only.
I have selected them plenty of times when booking as *G with Scandinavian Airlines.
Old Mar 1, 19, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
I have selected them plenty of times when booking as *G with Scandinavian Airlines.
I've never seen them available at booking, only rarely at OLCI, or when asking in the NH Lounge.

I guess YMWV
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by slimjin View Post
Really? I'm *G via OZ and I never get fast-track security at HND when flying ANA, even when flying in international business class. I had another trip last month (again in int'l J) and when I was checking in I even verbally confirmed, and they apologized that I was not eligible for fast track security. Of course, the line at the HND international terminal is like 5 people long so it only takes like two minutes anyway...
I had that today and found it quite surprising that ANA didn't provide fast track security for their J passengers, and presentation of non-ANA Star Alliance Gold card doesn't help either. I was actually wondering if it was a strange interpretation or ANA's own doing so to speak and was going to ask here, but then found your post in search.

I've seen quite a few instances where cabin-based fast track security access is provided but not for status-based access for other airlines so it was a bit of an interesting surprise, although as you say it's efficient and quick enough at HND that it doesn't matter too much.
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:39 am

Of course ANA respects Star Gold benefits.

ANA does not have an equivalent to economy plus seating, they do have some seats like emergency exits blocked for elites and you get access to select these at time of booking..
Is this a new policy? I have always been able to select the Y exit row seats on ANA with no status, even when booking $400 TPAC airfares from LAX. I booked my next flight about 7 months ago with OZ miles, and also had no problem selecting the exit row. I usually buy my tickets 8-10 months in advance, and the entire economy section is wide open. This is one of my favorite things about NH: they do not play games with reserving seats like most other airlines and do not charge extra.
Old Mar 2, 19, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
I had that today and found it quite surprising that ANA didn't provide fast track security for their J passengers, and presentation of non-ANA Star Alliance Gold card doesn't help either. I was actually wondering if it was a strange interpretation or ANA's own doing so to speak and was going to ask here, but then found your post in search.

I've seen quite a few instances where cabin-based fast track security access is provided but not for status-based access for other airlines so it was a bit of an interesting surprise, although as you say it's efficient and quick enough at HND that it doesn't matter too much.
I don't know what the story exactly is, but the fast track in Haneda is for F passengers and select status members, but the status has to come from the operating airline The signs listing access requirements does say so. (the text is a recent addition). The only exception I know is AA that stamps the fast track eligibility on the boarding pass manually, and that includes at least other airline OWE.

QR who does not offer F from Haneda only allows their own status members access.
Old Mar 2, 19, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA&Mariott Plat Prem.
Is ANA too stingy to use this for their F passengers?

https://www.naa.jp/en/press/pdf/2016...n%E3%80%91.pdf
I've flown NH F over 30 times now and not ONCE was I offered ANY fast track coupons. Gonna try this in May and see what's up.

Is there any fast track for Departure Immigration after Suites check-in at NRT?
I still do not know where APEC card holders go for departure immigration.
Old Mar 3, 19, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by TennisNoob View Post
I've flown NH F over 30 times now and not ONCE was I offered ANY fast track coupons. Gonna try this in May and see what's up.

Is there any fast track for Departure Immigration after Suites check-in at NRT?
I still do not know where APEC card holders go for departure immigration.
They definitely have the arrivals fast track in T1 South, if ANA pays to use it I don't know.

Departure has no immigration fast track. For the APEC card, look for the automated lanes There is some for Japanese only, and then there are some which also cover APEC cards.
Old Mar 3, 19, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They definitely have the arrivals fast track in T1 South, if ANA pays to use it I don't know.

Departure has no immigration fast track. For the APEC card, look for the automated lanes There is some for Japanese only, and then there are some which also cover APEC cards.
There are no automated lanes or machines for APEC - you still need to go to a counter to speak with an immigration inspector.

The counters for APEC and priority are moved from time to time, and asking the line handlers where they are will usually get you gently shoved into the regular foreigner lane. When I was at NRT a couple weeks ago, the APEC line was moved from the far end of the second room to the first room beside where the machines are. IIRC, there is a vertical sign pendant with a purple marking to show a specific lane is open for APEC, diplomats or special services.

On exit, there are no APEC lanes, but as you come downstairs from security, the office/crew desk against the right wall is where you can go with an APEC card, but prepare to hold your ground if some busy-body foreign crew member tries to get you out of that lane or attempts to cut in front of you.
Old Mar 3, 19, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA&Mariott Plat Prem.
Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post

The counters for APEC and priority are moved from time to time, and asking the line handlers where they are will usually get you gently shoved into the regular foreigner lane. When I was at NRT a couple weeks ago, the APEC line was moved from the far end of the second room to the first room beside where the machines are. IIRC, there is a vertical sign pendant with a purple marking to show a specific lane is open for APEC, diplomats or special services.

On exit, there are no APEC lanes, but as you come downstairs from security, the office/crew desk against the right wall is where you can go with an APEC card, but prepare to hold your ground if some busy-body foreign crew member tries to get you out of that lane or attempts to cut in front of you.
If you don't mind me asking, where exactly is it after security at NRT? Been through NRT dozens of times, rarely is there anyone there to assist after security. Twice I was able to get a hold of someone and they said no apec but on FT I hear people say yes?
Old Mar 3, 19, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TennisNoob View Post
If you don't mind me asking, where exactly is it after security at NRT? Been through NRT dozens of times, rarely is there anyone there to assist after security. Twice I was able to get a hold of someone and they said no apec but on FT I hear people say yes?
I can only speak for terminal 1, but here is my personal workflow coming off the Nex train..

1. enter the T1 south wing (*A area), look for the Star Gold canopy and clear security
2. right turn after security, down the escalator to the immigration room for outbound immigration
3. immediately along the right wall of the room you will see the large "office" counter which is marked for air crews, APEC, diplomats and other special services - go to this counter with your passport, boarding pass and APEC card and you should clear within a minute or less

Japanese air crews use a self-service desk immediately opposite the office, but foreign air crews need to check out at this desk, so there is always a chance you will come downstairs and find 2-3 foreign crews waiting to check out, so in this rare case, it might be faster to use a regular counter unless the regular counters are seriously backed up.

While you cannot cut in front of air crews waiting in front of the office desk to check out, they cannot cut in front of you, so don't allow them to.

Search this Thread