FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club-443/)
-   -   ANA Introduces Fancy New Meal Selections, PJs on International Routes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1957151-ana-introduces-fancy-new-meal-selections-pjs-international-routes.html)

IAH2MEL Feb 19, 2019 3:09 pm

ANA Introduces Fancy New Meal Selections, PJs on International Routes

It appears we are in for quite a good surprise starting March 1.

Does anyone see this as a downgrade?

Source: https://thepointsguy.com/news/ana-in...tional-routes/

joejones Feb 19, 2019 3:52 pm

Looks like an upgrade to me, especially the amenity kits. My only concern is meal availability if you fail to order in advance... sounds like this might be an excuse to under-cater their flights going forward. I'm flying in C in a couple of weeks and will try to do a TR as soon as possible.

hardworking21 Feb 19, 2019 6:10 pm

Do folks know if this also means J class gets to keep the PJ's (perhaps not the cardigan)? For years, ANA had J class pajamas that were only for loan during the flight, which seemed silly given EVA and other APAC J class airlines (ones that give PJ's at least) let the passenger keep them.

transportprof Feb 19, 2019 6:31 pm

And has anybody who is NOT an ANA mileage club member succeeded in pre-ordering for a post March 1 trip on line? I am in United's mileage program, and want/need to credit the miles there. But I would love to pre-order my meals before travel in March.

synergypi Feb 19, 2019 6:32 pm

I think the amenity kit is better; the Ginza Essence Empowering kit promises to "provide (your skin) a beautiful natural glow as if it were born anew." I need that.
Also sick of the samsonite mini cases...

rosenkavalier Feb 20, 2019 6:42 am

Originally Posted by hardworking21 (Post 30799346)
Do folks know if this also means J class gets to keep the PJ's (perhaps not the cardigan)? For years, ANA had J class pajamas that were only for loan during the flight, which seemed silly given EVA and other APAC J class airlines (ones that give PJ's at least) let the passenger keep them.

I’m hoping the PJs are for keeping...kind of creepy wearing PJ bottoms someone else has worn before even if it’s laundered. Cardigan is a little different as it’s worn over a shirt...
really looking forward to this service enhancement on my upcoming NH C long haul flights!!

roberto99 Feb 21, 2019 1:02 am

Originally Posted by rosenkavalier (Post 30800922)

I’m hoping the PJs are for keeping...kind of creepy wearing PJ bottoms someone else has worn before even if it’s laundered. Cardigan is a little different as it’s worn over a shirt...
really looking forward to this service enhancement on my upcoming NH C long haul flights!!

And who used the bed sheets and towels in the hundreds of hotels you stayed in?

I got over this quickly.

BTW, I've come to really like my 3 pairs of NH Business class PJ bottoms! :)

royng Feb 21, 2019 4:35 am

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 30799406)
... I am in United's mileage program, and want/need to credit the miles there. But I would love to pre-order my meals before travel in March.

You can at check in change the freq flyer number back to UA

transportprof Feb 21, 2019 9:17 am

Originally Posted by royng (Post 30804592)
You can at check in change the freq flyer number back to UA

Thanks for suggestion, but it's too high risk for me. I need those miles on United to maintain my status, and if anything goes wrong with the switcheroo (as has been reported occasionally) there's no recourse to fixing the problem afterwards. The last thing I need is some orphaned points in the ANA mileage program!

joejones Feb 21, 2019 10:33 am

Try opening an account and looking up your reservation on the ANA website; it will not put your ANA number on the reservation unless you specifically request it.

One annoying footnote I noticed: codeshare flights are not eligible for meal reservations, including flights on ANA metal if booked under another airline's flight number. So not "all" ANA business class passengers will actually be able to use this service. I wonder if this means codeshare pax won't get their choice of meals and will just have to take what's available.

rosenkavalier Feb 21, 2019 11:02 am

Originally Posted by roberto99 (Post 30804229)
And who used the bed sheets and towels in the hundreds of hotels you stayed in?

I got over this quickly.

BTW, I've come to really like my 3 pairs of NH Business class PJ bottoms! :)

you have a point...especially towels...never wipe my face with hotel towels, even 5*...lol
since when did NH C have full PJ sets? I always thought they only lend out cardigans in C...F gets PJ tops and bottoms to take home...

Steve M Feb 22, 2019 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by rosenkavalier (Post 30805852)
you have a point...especially towels...never wipe my face with hotel towels, even 5*

If that bothers you, what do you do at restaurants? The glasses and utensils have been in hundreds of other guests' mouths prior to yours.

rosenkavalier Feb 23, 2019 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Steve M (Post 30810384)
If that bothers you, what do you do at restaurants? The glasses and utensils have been in hundreds of other guests' mouths prior to yours.

of course I’m aware of the fact that it’s totally selective germophobia...I think we all have these idiosyncrasies...

jashsu Feb 24, 2019 5:10 am

Oh nice. I was getting tired of the Samsonites. Glad to see they're bringing the Globe Trotter kits to all routes and not just the HNL route.

transportprof Mar 3, 2019 11:07 am

To follow up my earlier posting, I was able to book my meals for our upcoming trip by going in through my reservation without having to register for their mileage program. Now we'll see what I get in the air, and I'll report back later.