Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA Introduces Fancy New Meal Selections, PJs on International Routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA Introduces Fancy New Meal Selections, PJs on International Routes

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
Originally Posted by quitecryptic
Yeah not to be a downer or too drastic, but those of you keeping the PJs are effectively "stealing" though I don't think ANA cares very much. It's clearly listed as a rental on their website: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/servicei...ide/c/amenity/
Oops. They were of the t-shirt quality cotton variety, similar to what you get on United or Etihad, slightly better than Qantas but nothing like EVA. It didn’t even occur to me that they were loaners - I thought the new pajamas were not to be given back (although I can’t tell you where I read that).

I’m flying them again in a few weeks so perhaps I’ll bring them with me and see if they still want them back!

Last edited by Marno; May 3, 2019 at 3:30 am
Old May 5, 2019, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by quitecryptic
Yeah not to be a downer or too drastic, but those of you keeping the PJs are effectively "stealing" though I don't think ANA cares very much. It's clearly listed as a rental on their website: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/servicei...ide/c/amenity/
Did they just update that page recently? I did quite a bit of research before my trip and definitely do not remember the rental portion.

In addition, in their press announcement, there is no sign of the PJs being rentals. "We will be revamping our bedding, amenity kits, and other in-flight amenities for a more comfortable experience on board.... NEW Pajamas *quantities are limited on each flight"".

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/servicei...nity_1902.html

Also, given the quality (nowhere near EVA's) of the PJs, it's surprising that they are loaners. You could probably buy each piece at DAISO.

But regardless, oops, but I don't feel bad since it's not clear at all. I'll probably bring my own next time.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by petey2428
Did they just update that page recently? I did quite a bit of research before my trip and definitely do not remember the rental portion.
I've only been flying ANA since 2014, but I don't recall them ever being take-home. I suppose the new announcement might be confusing in the sense that it doesn't specify.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
ORD to NRT - April 22nd - F - New PJs and Old Amenity Kit - BB-8 Livery
NRT to ORD - May 3rd - F - New PJs and New Amenity Kit
Old May 9, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm surprised they still have the old amenity kit in F at this point. You've gotta think they are running low by now.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
So last time I flew ANA F (6 weeks ago), I didn't wear their PJs, so the FA packed them in a bag for me to take.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: ANA Diamond, JAL JGC Sapphire, Asiana Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by krazieman
So last time I flew ANA F (6 weeks ago), I didn't wear their PJs, so the FA packed them in a bag for me to take.
The F PJs are intended to be taken home. Probably among the most comfortable sets I own.

It’s just the J PJs are intended to be returned.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:49 pm

Any idea when the website will start listing the new options? I still see only the two basic options on my sjc to nrt flight for next March.
Old May 31, 2019, 5:51 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Looking at Sam Chui's video of the A380 in F, it looks like the headphones have been swapped out for Sony Sony WH-1000XM3s. I picked up a pair for personal use and prefer them to the Boses found on other airlines. I hope this model makes its way to the 77Ws as well.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
New amenity kits both ways IAH-NRT-IAH last week. I honestly liked the older gel pillow better.
Never was a fan of PJs in general. The new changes seem to have been more centered around J rather than F.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by flyboygoon

The F PJs are intended to be taken home. Probably among the most comfortable sets I own.

It’s just the J PJs are intended to be returned.
Last ANA F flight I did, I was told I couldn't take the PJs home and had to give them back from LAX-NRT, but was told I could on NRT-LAX.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by seigex
Last ANA F flight I did, I was told I couldn't take the PJs home and had to give them back from LAX-NRT, but was told I could on NRT-LAX.
If you check here:

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/servicei...ide/f/amenity/

It clearly says that we can take the PJs home, the knit wear (looks like a zippered cardigan to me) is a loaner though.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by seigex
Originally Posted by jchanpaper
If you check here:

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/servicei...ide/f/amenity/

It clearly says that we can take the PJs home, the knit wear (looks like a zippered cardigan to me) is a loaner though.
On both ORD-NRT and NRT-ORD, they asked if we wanted to take them and gave us brand new sets, including the cardigan. From NRT-ORD, they also gave us one of the blankets.
747FC, jashsu, seigex and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by mjrobson
On both ORD-NRT and NRT-ORD, they asked if we wanted to take them and gave us brand new sets, including the cardigan. From NRT-ORD, they also gave us one of the blankets.
Wow. Being offered a new (additional) set of PJs is common in Japanese F, but blankets? The refreshed blankets look nice but I'm guessing they're not guaranteed new equipment.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:44 pm

hi there, does anyone here have any feedback/experiences on the pre-order meals in C for the current June-August cycle?
I am now looking at the menus for my flights in August vs. the pre-order choices...
for example, the beef filet with red wine sauce on ex-US flights vs. the beef filet with Bercy sauce and garlic cream on the pre-order menu. or the olive-crusted seabass with champagne sauce, which is also on the pre-order menu...
any feedback/opinions/photos?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.