Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA Introduces Fancy New Meal Selections, PJs on International Routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA Introduces Fancy New Meal Selections, PJs on International Routes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
hi there, does anyone here have any feedback/experiences on the pre-order meals in C for the current June-August cycle?
I am now looking at the menus for my flights in August vs. the pre-order choices...
for example, the beef filet with red wine sauce on ex-US flights vs. the beef filet with Bercy sauce and garlic cream on the pre-order menu. or the olive-crusted seabass with champagne sauce, which is also on the pre-order menu...
any feedback/opinions/photos?
Honestly? Just don’t get your hopes up too high..
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1K
I am curious as to why one can pre-order on J but not on F? Unless I am mistaken...
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by IAH2MEL
I am curious as to why one can pre-order on J but not on F? Unless I am mistaken...
F is catered sufficiently to not make it a necessity?
IndyHoosier and IAH2MEL like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA MM Platinum, HH Diamond
We just flew SEA-NRT-SEA and pre-ordered both ways. The filet was good, but I liked the sea bass (western fish) much better.

The appetizers were pretty upscale and tasty.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
F is catered sufficiently to not make it a necessity?
Probably.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:27 am

for business its probably a way to minimize waste by having pax pre-order their meals, but in F, they should also offer a wider choice with a pre-order menu, like SQ, BR etc...
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Pyjamas

Recently flew:
NH 111 ORD-HND in F
NH 843 HND-SIN in C (J)
NH 842 SIN-HND in C (J)
NH 106 HND-LAX in F

Received pj's in F of course. But was surprised to receive a pair in Business on the SIN route.

As for textures and comfort, the older version of the pj's I received on my NH F flights LAX-NRT and NRT-SFO in 2017, were far more comfortable and a softer fabric. With the new F pj's, the top was fine and nicely designed, but the bottoms were a rough fabric and not overly comfortable.

As for the new Business class pj's, they looked familiar and when I got home, I noticed they were almost the same as the ones I received on my UA Polaris TPAC flight Nov 2018. Similar fabric and design, similar colors - even the blue trim around the collar.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:28 pm

Flew IAH-NRT recently on 7/17.

unfortunately the old amenity kit was waiting for me at my seat. I was expecting the new ones as I already have so many of the old ones (but I never say no to Ginza ).

the new pajama top was very comfortable and had a cooling sensation to it which was nice since I find the F cabins warm and dry. The pajama bottoms were huge and I had to tie them around my waist so they wouldn’t fall down. These were a bit scratchier and not too different from the old pajamas I believe.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Hi all, I've my first ANA J trip coming up, JFK-NRT and am quite excited. I can fit the UA Polaris L/XL PJs fine and it appears up thread that these are roughly equivalent. Any confirmation on that would be appreciated. I'm about 191cm/112kg 6'3"/250lb.

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:06 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
for the pre-order meals, is it correct to assume that the four choices of "japanesse, beef, chicken, vegetarian" are the same meals that are on the menu for the flight, and you are just reserving a selection vs. a book-the-cook style choice?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:59 am

If a F flight is serving the Hibiki mini bottles, are passengers allowed to keep them or do the FA collect them after dining service?

EDIT: Nevermind - found my answer by searching!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by blackzarg
If a F flight is serving the Hibiki mini bottles, are passengers allowed to keep them or do the FA collect them after dining service?

I kept mine.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
just a quick pajama experience update

NH 7 SFO-NRT -- asked and was explicitly told I could keep them
NH 879 HND-SYD -- reused the previous ones (no need for waste)
NH 880 SYD-HND -- left the pajamas behind in my half-asleep state
NH 8 NRT-SFO -- packed the pajamas away to have a set for home use after changing back into my clothes, and then after the seat belt sign came on for landing, an FA came by to ask for the pajamas and said that she was very sorry, but we were not allowed to keep them. Had to get up and extract them from my suitcase.

Bizarre inconsistency.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by blackzarg

Not sure if you found the answer in the Consolidated Buying Whisky in Japan thread but basically the outcome varies depending on the FA. Some FA will let you take sealed minis, others will only serve you bottles with the seals opened. If you just want the empties they should have no problem giving them to you, it's just considered waste after the alcohol is gone. I've had FAs offer to let me take the empties, but of course I was only interested in taking minis containing whisky to enjoy later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.