Flying PE on a 789: bulkhead seats?

Old Feb 17, 19, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Flying PE on a 789: bulkhead seats?

First time on ANA. We are flying SEA to NRT on a 789 with just two PE rows. All sets are open for selection. I have selected the window and aisle in row 15, which is the bulkhead row. I am wondering about seat recline and whether there is a footrest.

This is is a daytime flight so we won't be sleeping a lot, but my husband has back issues that mean he is more comfortable in a slight recline than sitting totally upright. Or he likes to stand (he has a standing work desk at home). Seems like the bulkhead would be best for both, but I am wondering about etiquette for reclining the seat.

Because of our age (70's) and his back issue, we generally fly long haul in J with miles, but that was not an option for this trip.

Thank you for any advice you can offer on this seat choice. We have read great things about ANA and look forward to the trip.
Old Feb 17, 19, 2:33 pm

Programs: OZ *G, CX Silver, BA Blue
Have been on a 789 with NH before, PEY bulkhead as well. There's a proper legrest, but no footrest. I remember the legrest flips quite far up, nearly horizontal to the seat itself. Recline is standard across whole PEY cabin, don't think the Japanese (and other pax) will be particularly fussed about reclining etiquette as long as you don't get in their way when meals are served.
Old Feb 17, 19, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
OK! Thanks.

Search this Thread