Wiki Posts
Search

Connection at BKK on to ANA HND flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Connection at BKK on to ANA HND flight

Hello
I have an upcoming flight SGN (TG) connecting at BKK on to NH HND service (economy).
The connection time is 75 minutes (on the same ticket) and the inbound flight from SGN appears to be regularly delayed.
How helpful are the staff at BKK, do they meet arriving flights to help fast track connecting passengers?
Any experiences would be appreciated.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
How helpful are the staff at BKK? If you miss your connection at BKK, then NH will be the ones to rebook you to a later flight.
Do they meet arriving flights to help fast track connecting passengers? Absolutely not. (in Economy class, on another =Non TG airline flight, you are alone IMHO)

Seems like you are on TG 557 20:10 - 21:35 --> NH 850 22:50 - 06:30 +1
The SGN flight will likely end up at a remote stand (bus stand) that will drop you somewhere near the DEF or ABC transit security junctions, and the NH flight usually leaves from the D gates (D4-D8). You are cutting it short, but ANA will be aware of your inbound flight and should wait for you until gate closing time (T-10 minutes, meaning 22:40).

Suggestions:
1. Buy travel insurance that covers misconnections, if you dont have it already. Not getting to NH850 and not getting booked on TG682 means being put on NH808 to NRT (departing 00:30). Some compensation for the train ticket from NRT ($30) and the inconvenience etc.

2. Assuming the ticket is issued by Thai (on TG stock, ticket number 217-xxx), if SGN flight is delayed by more than 15 minutes (thus under the 75 minute Int-Int MCT), ask at SGN departure gate to switch to TG 682 ( TG 682 BKK 23:15 - 06:55 +1)

3. Don't pack a check in luggage if you can. It will likely misconnect if there is any delay.
(in this case, then you will be met at HND by ANA gate agent and they will advise you when the bag will arrive at HND, and if you want you can get it at your hotel/house the next day. Has happened to me and I didn't mind the luggage delay since I live in Tokyo)
Voda_boy likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. If the flight from SGN is very late meaning I would definitley miss my connection, assuming space is available, would ANA be prepared to move me on to their direct flight later than evening from SGN you NRT? Or is that very unlikely to happen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.