Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Need help with Star Alliance award routing via ANA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat

I'm stumped and need help trying to figure out if this routing will work (or how to fix it). I'm happy to call but want to get everything tee'd up beforehand, or at least know what I'm allowed to do and not allowed to do. Plus, I need to transfer several 100k points to ANA and need to know what I'm getting myself into in case my original (and scarce) segments disappear in the meantime.

All routes are UA except CUZ-LIM-EZE on Avianca. The domestic/US legs are X whereas others are in J. My ideal routing violates a few rules but FWIW is:

MEM-IAH-LIM (stopover) CUZ-LIM-EZE
EZE-IAH-MEM

All of these have availability for my dates on EF and UA.

****Within the rules of 2 transfers total and 1 stopover, I tried all of the following and NONE worked on ANA site:

MEM-IAH-LIM (stopover) LIM-EZE
EZE-IAH

IAH-LIM (stopover) LIM-EZE
EZE-IAH-MEM

MEM-IAH-LIM
LIM-IAH-MEM (dropping EZE entirely)

MEM-IAH-EZE
EZE-IAH-MEM (dropping LIM entirely)

****What DOES work are these:

IAH-LIM (stopover) CUZ-LIM-EZE
EZE-IAH

IAH-LIM (stopover) LIM-EZE
EZE-YYZ-MEM (this one is CA and not enough award space)

There seems to be a problem with IAH-MEM and back and all I can figure is that it is b/c that leg is economy not business, but other routings don't have a problem with this. Or possibly b/c the connection is 8.5 hours (but since it's an international itinerary, I should get up to 24 hours, right?). I would be happy to book, say, IAH-MEM separately on the return, but why can't I get it to show up at all on anything? Even basic 1 transfer, no open jaw, no stopover RT?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:44 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Please continue the discussion here: Is this a legal routing?

Regards,
armagebedar
ANA forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.