LAX check in time

Old Jan 21, 19, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
LAX check in time

I will by flying LAX-HND later this month with family in tow.

​​​​Will it be possible to drop by LAX in the morning while the counter is working the NRT flight to drop my bags?
Old Jan 21, 19, 4:20 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
No.
A friend of mine found out the hard way back in October when she had an early connection to this flight and had to claim her baggage and recheck. The NRT flight was still open, but ANA would not hold her luggage and she had to come back when check-in for the HND flight opened.
From what I heard/remember it had something to do with a 12hr limit and/or “overnight” issue since the HND flight technically leaves the next day.
Old Jan 27, 19, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Nope. I ran into this issue when connecting to a 12:05am LAX-HND flight last month. I arrived at TBIT at 8:30pm and couldn't find the ANA desk. Turns out it only opened at 9pm, and so I had to wait until then to check my bag in. A bit of a pain because it cut into lounge time.

Last edited by aquanine; Jan 27, 19 at 4:25 pm Reason: add flight time
Old Mar 17, 19, 5:34 am
Suspended

NH105 LAX-HND what time I can drop my bags?

NH105 LAX-HND First Class ticket what Time earliest I can drop my bags? I will be arriving at airport at 14.00 so 10 hours earlier than flight and whant to do some signseeing
Old Mar 17, 19, 6:23 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by headforflights View Post
NH105 LAX-HND First Class ticket what Time earliest I can drop my bags? I will be arriving at airport at 14.00 so 10 hours earlier than flight and whant to do some signseeing
Three hours before departure.
Old Mar 22, 19, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Fortune Wings Club Gold
3 hours before departure. I arrived 4 hours before departure once for LAX-HND red eye and wandered around trying to find the ANA desk, which I couldn't because it wasn't open yet :/. Killed time until it did open.

Search this Thread