Is it me or is there an issue [with BR award space]

Old Jan 17, 19, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Angry Is it me or is there an issue [with BR award space]

I was planning on using my points to fly EVA air to TPE, but now when I search ANA (any and all routes and dates) they are not displaying any star alliance flights. All I get posted are ANA flights.

This was never a problem when I searched and had no points now that i have points it seems I can only book ANA flights...

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a glitch? If I knew this I wouldn't have transferred the points.... any help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 17, 19, 5:03 pm

Programs: A3*G, AA-Exec, DL, UA*S, AS
Can you provide some sample dates and routing you're looking at? Perhaps it's just that EVA isn't releasing any availability for those dates.
Old Jan 17, 19, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swgsword View Post
Can you provide some sample dates and routing you're looking at? Perhaps it's just that EVA isn't releasing any availability for those dates.
Thanks.

It's any date any route. I check TPE, HKG, ICN, BKK, etc. and there are zero star alliance award seats it only ever shows ANA seats. This has never happened to me before
Old Jan 17, 19, 5:24 pm

Programs: A3*G, AA-Exec, DL, UA*S, AS
Interesting. I did try a sample date for TPE-KUL where there is indeed availability according to EF/UA.

When searching round trip, EVA did not show up. However, when I went to the multi-city/open-jaw search, the EVA option did indeed show up as this method does a leg-by-leg search. Have you tried doing this for your desired routings?
Old Jan 17, 19, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swgsword View Post
Interesting. I did try a sample date for TPE-KUL where there is indeed availability according to EF/UA.

When searching round trip, EVA did not show up. However, when I went to the multi-city/open-jaw search, the EVA option did indeed show up as this method does a leg-by-leg search. Have you tried doing this for your desired routings?

Thanks again for the tip I tired that. One thing I forgot to mention was that i'm looking at business class award seats. Not sure if that matters

Edit: Can you please give me the details of the booking you found to see if I try to recreate it i get the same issue or it shows.

Last edited by Bsmith2019; Jan 17, 19 at 5:54 pm
Old Feb 19, 19, 1:50 am

Don't know the dates you are looking at, but EVA seems to have blocked out all trans-pacific partner redemption in roughly the first half of Jan 2020. I was looking for TPE-IAH earlier for myself. There's availability in Dec 2019 and later than ~15 Jan 2020 but nothing in between. I ended up with AC.
Old Feb 20, 19, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA&Mariott Plat Prem.
There's always been an issue. What's showing up on NH's site isn't matching what NH Phone agents see. It's also better to just look on UA for BR space.

Search this Thread