Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Codeshare flight - checking in with ANA, but want miles to go to MP

Old Jan 17, 19, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K

My issue is similar to jp12687's, but not quite - I am wondering how to check in online for UA 8011 (NH 183). Doing it via the ANA site asks me to put in my passport info, which it appears I need to log in for. But my ANA login is tied to my ANA Mileage Bank account, and I don't want the miles credited there instead of my MP account. Does anyone know a way around this dilemma? I could check in at the airport on the day, but it would be great to be able to check in online and save the time.
Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 17, 19, 6:22 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Logging in to view your reservation shouldn’t change the FF info attached to the reservation. I do this with LH all the time since many of my UA bookings start with a LH leg. To access my reservation with LH I need to log in, and my log in is attached to a LH FF account, however the reservation is still associated with my MileagePlus FF number.
Mikity likes this.
Old Jan 17, 19, 8:30 am

Programs: UA Silver (working on Gold), Hilton Dia, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold, Hertz 5*
IIRC, ANA will let you input a UA number when you check in online, even if you are logged into your ANA account. Even if your reservation somehow switches to your ANA number, the gate agent at the airport can switch it right back.
Old Jan 18, 19, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Thanks guys. Added the passport info to my profile, but it still complains about missing information, I'm assuming that's because the reservation was made through United? UA have my passport info though, so I don't understand why it didn't get passed on...
Old Jan 19, 19, 7:36 am

The systems sometimes don't talk to each other, so if you booked on UA (and entered passport info there / have it tied to your UA MP account), you may still have to re-enter on ANA's platform. I booked an award ticket on ANA with an EVA leg, and on the EVA platform had to re-enter my passport info. It happens!

Search this Thread