FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club-443/)
-   -   ANA RTW (Round the world) open jaw question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1947222-ana-rtw-round-world-open-jaw-question.html)

yanglida Dec 23, 2018 9:12 am

ANA RTW (Round the world) open jaw question

hey all,

One quick question, I am trying to go from Chicago-Newzealand-Australia-Tokyo, then I want to fly back home from London to New York as my going home ticket. Thus the Tokyo-London will be my open jaw segment, I have called ANA three times and two out of three times the reps told me it is ok to do it and the other one rep was not sure.

Another question is that I do not seem to find available flights within a month for Chicago-Newzealand in business class, would someone verify for me, please?

Last question is how long does it take for AMEX points to transfer over? Also, the rep told me that my first ticket has to be booked 96 hours prior to departure, is that true?
I really appreciate your time and i am looking forward to booking the ticket!

john c wisconsin Dec 23, 2018 9:47 am

Originally Posted by yanglida (Post 30567324)
Another question is that I do not seem to find available flights within a month for Chicago-Newzealand in business class, would someone verify for me, please?

So what date range are you looking to find this segment? Now through January 23? or something more specific? Auckland, correct? Are you willing to connect through another country if the handful of USA cities to Auckland direct flights are not available? One person?

Originally Posted by yanglida (Post 30567324)
Last question is how long does it take for AMEX points to transfer over? Also, the rep told me that my first ticket has to be booked 96 hours prior to departure, is that true?

For me points took just one day. It was not instant but by the following day ANA showed the points.

yanglida Dec 23, 2018 9:52 am

Hey buddy I am from Wisconsin too!! I am in Milwaukee!!

My start and end position is very flexible meaning I can leave from the west coast or even Hawaii. I am trying to fit everything under 2

My goal is to leave within the next week and hit Newzealand and Australia, and then I would travel myself throughout Asia and Europe and fly back to the US (preferably new york)!

And I am trying to do it under 20k miles for Business Class.

john c wisconsin Dec 23, 2018 9:56 am

Originally Posted by yanglida (Post 30567432)
Hey buddy I am from Wisconsin too!! I am in Milwaukee!!

My start and end position is very flexible meaning I can leave from the west coast or even Hawaii. I am trying to fit everything under 2

My goal is to leave within the next week and hit Newzealand and Australia, and then I would travel myself throughout Asia and Europe and fly back to the US (preferably new york)!

And I am trying to do it under 20k miles for Business Class.

MKE nice you may owe me some real Chili... I don't understand the under 2. two weeks two people. see it now under 20,000 for the around the world.

yanglida Dec 23, 2018 9:59 am

Originally Posted by john c wisconsin (Post 30567445)
MKE nice you may owe me some real Chili... I don't understand the under 2. two weeks two people. see it now under 20,000 for the around the world.

haha word, basically I am trying to do it under 20k miles for 115k ana points.

john c wisconsin Dec 23, 2018 10:10 am

Could you flip and do Tokyo first for ?how many days. Then Japan to Australia or New Zealand? Are you sitting on a specific other reward flight from Japan to London or if keeping under 20,000 miles.

If not, something like this lax-hnd-sin-lhr-jfk is only 18,900 miles and you could use SIN as a base to get to Australia, new Zealand cheap.

yanglida Dec 23, 2018 10:21 am

Basically, these are the destinations I must hit

Tokyo, Australia, New Zealand, Cairo, Germany, lima.

john c wisconsin Dec 23, 2018 10:33 am

Picked some MIsc dates on this idea. All business class. 18,075 . Could come right back to MKE at 18,814

1/2/19 LAX to NRT on ANA
1/8/19 NRT to SIN on ANA
1/24/19 SIN to WAW-Warsaw on LOT (not first choice but still better then economy)
....Separate flight WAW to London
1/29 LHR to EWR

BONUS add EWR-MKE even if that is economy there is direct on united.

john c wisconsin Dec 23, 2018 10:36 am

Originally Posted by yanglida (Post 30567522)
Basically, these are the destinations I must hit

Tokyo, Australia, New Zealand, Cairo, Germany, lima.

Great let me work on that. PM me some ideal dates or date ranges for the segments. Or how many min days you want in each stop.

John

currid7 Apr 17, 2019 6:38 am

Hey, so the original itinerary won't work since you have to touch all 3 zones. Something we did to save miles was end in Hawaii (we went East), so maybe you do Chicago to Hawaii on your own and start the RTW from there?