Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Partner award with Air India: changes no longer possible?

Old Dec 18, 18, 9:19 am
Original Poster

I have a great RTW ticket booked for next September. One leg from BKK to DEL on AI. After booking, one of my plans for a separate 9W intra-India flight disappeared, so I want to change to the AI flight the night before in order to keep my India schedule intact.

I call NH to get the ticket switched, stay on hold for about half an hour until they realize that AI dropped Amadeus a few weeks ago and apparently they are unable to make changes to any AI reservations now. The NH agent is very apologetic but says it can't be done, and also nixed the idea of getting switched onto a similar TG flight without cancelling everything.

Any suggestions on what to do here? Magic number to call, tweet, etc? I think switching me to a TG flight would be a reasonable workaround, but the NH policies seem very rigid.
Old Dec 26, 18, 11:45 am
Original Poster

bump?
Old Jan 3, 19, 12:07 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
First, see this link (here). Call again and see if they will address your issue, or allow you to switch to TG without reticketing everything.

Realize that once a round-the-world award is ticketed, the only permitted change is to the date of travel. The airline, route, or cabin cannot be changed without re-issuing the entire ticket, which would require that all of your flights still have award availability. ANA charges 1,000 miles to make any date changes.

Therefore, if you must change to TG, and ANA cant do anything to help you, then begin by making sure that availability exists for not only the TG flight, but also for all other flights in your itinerary to begin with.
Next, confirm that you have fewer than 8 stopovers in your new itinerary. (A stopover is defined as any stop greater than 24 hours. Your change could trigger the 9th stopover)
Call ANA again and have ready the TG flight number, date you want ready to change it.
Expect the usual change fees and conditions for RTW bookings.

Search this Thread