Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confusion with booking class (PE, Business?)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Confusion with booking class (PE, Business?)

I'm not a very frequent flyer so not too familiar with the plethora of different booking classes etc. I've got a flight coming up next week and the booking is a bit confusing (I usually book direct with MH, this time went through Gate1)

Anyway, flight booked was KUL > NRT (ANA816) > CTS

Received booking confirmation and the ANA816 portion of the flight was in Premium Economy , on Gate1 this has now changed to Economy

On the ANA website the booking shows up as class E and Class : Business (the rest of the flights are U)

It appears this flight doesn't even have Premium Economy seats (going by the seat selection on ANA site + Seatguru)

Can I assume that the seat has been bumped to Business maybe due to a change of planes, which doesn't have Premium Economy seats available?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to FlyerTalk !
Why not manage your booking on the ANA site and try to select your seat? This will tell you which class you are in.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

I did that actually - it shows as in business class too but with no seats available for selection.

The flight is a few days before Christmas so I assume it’s pretty full!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The flight is operated with a 787-8 with craddle J seats and no PY as standard. So it is not a sub of an airplane with a different layout that has caused the mismatch. I think it is rather Gate1 that has made bit messed up booking. E is PY, U is one of the higher Y booking classes. PY should not be available on this flight.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:11 am
Original Poster

I see - thanks for the answer.

Guess I’ll have to wait and see what I get in that case, hopefully no issues, can’t say I’ve ever had anything similar happen before.

FWIW - the booking PDF on ANA Reservation also shows E, and on flight details it shows Business(I) for that leg and Economy for the remainder.

Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by UniBawang
I see - thanks for the answer.

Guess I’ll have to wait and see what I get in that case, hopefully no issues, can’t say I’ve ever had anything similar happen before.

FWIW - the booking PDF on ANA Reservation also shows E, and on flight details it shows Business(I) for that leg and Economy for the remainder.

It can't be ruled out that the high booking class have pushed an upgrade on a busy flight. But I doubt that it would show this early compared to departure, I don't think there is any problem that will give you issues with the flight,
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It can't be ruled out that the high booking class have pushed an upgrade on a busy flight. But I doubt that it would show this early compared to departure, I don't think there is any problem that will give you issues with the flight,
I guess Gate 1 made the initial mistake of booking the wrong class - I didn't really pay much attention to the booking e-mail if I'm honest. It appears also the return leg is flexi (Fare basis shows **RF as the code.

I did sign up for an EF trial and everything is showing as fully booked : J0 C0 D0 Z0 P0 Y0 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 L0 K0

Anyway I'll update here next Friday.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Just to update - all went smoothly.

Tried to check in online and both mine and other passenger showed as having been bumped up to business although seat selection not possible.

No issue checking in as Business at the airport, all smooth.

Although I have to say - for the food / seat I prefer MH’s offering.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UniBawang
Just to update - all went smoothly.

Tried to check in online and both mine and other passenger showed as having been bumped up to business although seat selection not possible.

No issue checking in as Business at the airport, all smooth.

Although I have to say - for the food / seat I prefer MH’s offering.
Yeah, the cradle seats are not great Though the food is normally excellent on ANA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.