Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

All day check in for ANA domestic flight ex NRT?

Old Dec 7, 18, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat VA Silver

I've searched high and low but couldn't find the answer - does ANA offer all day check in or bag drop for domestic flights ex NRT?

I'm arriving into NRT T2 at 6:35am on MH9118 (JL724) and have a meeting in town before departing NRT T1 at 6:25pm the same day on NH339 to NGO. I understand I need to collect the bags for customs, can I head over to T1 in the morning and drop my bags somewhere? If all day check in isn't available - does anyone have a recommendation for luggage storage in T1?

NZ*G if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by AirbrushA380; Dec 7, 18 at 12:22 am
Old Dec 7, 18, 8:54 am

Surprised you want to trek back to Narita instead of taking shinkansen to Nagoya, especially since you have to land at t2 and take bus to t1

Fot baggage storage, you can either find a storage locker (need suica/contactless card or cash/yen), or go to a baggage storage counter.

I prefer lockers ( no line and typically quicker), though finding an empty locker might take some time (and whether your bag fits in the largest locker). My favorite spot is behind the B1 Lawson on the railway level
Old Dec 7, 18, 9:18 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Ditto.

Fastest connection from Tokyo Station to Nagoya is 1 hour 39 minutes, fastest option from Tokyo Station to Narita is 53 minutes. Really, you should skip that domestic flight and go by train.
Old Dec 7, 18, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I'm well aware Nagoya is easier reached by Shinkansen - I lived there for two years. The NRT-NGO flight is part of a multi-leg itinerary which ends back in NRT. The NRT-NGO leg was required for a particular fare which saved me several hundred dollars, so I decided it was worth the inconvenience. My final destination after landing at NGO will be Tsu (Mie) which has a direct ferry service fron the airport anyway.

Back to the original question though - is all day check-in available for domestic flights out of NRT?

​​​​​​​
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Dec 8, 18, 10:12 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH G,Hyatt E, IHG G, *A G, OW E
Originally Posted by AirbrushA380 View Post
Back to the original question though - is all day check-in available for domestic flights out of NRT? ​​​​​​​
yes they do
 At the International flight departure airport in the applicable country, you can check-in for the ANA Japan domestic sector to which you will be connecting from an international flight operated by an ANA Group carrier.
 Requirement for connection: Connecting to International flight within the same day
For customs, you will need to collect your baggage at the international flight arrival airport and check in the baggage again.
* Baggage can be checked in only when it is a same day connection.
baggage drop and ticketing counters open 8:00 - 18:30
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/domestic/departure/airport/
Old Yesterday, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
yes they do
 At the International flight departure airport in the applicable country, you can check-in for the ANA Japan domestic sector to which you will be connecting from an international flight operated by an ANA Group carrier.
 Requirement for connection: Connecting to International flight within the same day
For customs, you will need to collect your baggage at the international flight arrival airport and check in the baggage again.
* Baggage can be checked in only when it is a same day connection.
baggage drop and ticketing counters open 8:00 - 18:30
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/domestic/departure/airport/
Thanks very much for the information. The "from an international flight operated by an ANA Group carrier" may be my downfall! I will report back in a few weeks.
Old Yesterday, 7:04 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by AirbrushA380 View Post
Thanks very much for the information. The "from an international flight operated by an ANA Group carrier" may be my downfall! I will report back in a few weeks.
It just means that you can't check in your luggage in KL, and rather than just doing bagage drop in T1, you will have to do a full check in at T1. Opening hours are the same.

That being said, JAL might actually be able and willing to check through to NH domestic, I'd ask if I was you. Though in reality the through check is not going to save you much time.
AirbrushA380 likes this.
Old Yesterday, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
It just means that you can't check in your luggage in KL, and rather than just doing bagage drop in T1, you will have to do a full check in at T1. Opening hours are the same.

That being said, JAL might actually be able and willing to check through to NH domestic, I'd ask if I was you. Though in reality the through check is not going to save you much time.
Will see how that goes - OWE might help there too.