Flying J ex-JFK - Galleries lounge renovation

Old Dec 6, 18, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Flying J ex-JFK - Galleries lounge renovation

Has anyone flown out in J on ANA from JFK recently? I read the First Class lounge renovation is complete and apparently they are working on Galleries. How is ANA directing their J passengers? Any insights on the galleries lounge?
Old Dec 7, 18, 7:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Did you try doing a search "JFK lounge" = ANA First Class Departing JFK: Which Lounge? (most recent experience from November 4th)
WAStraveller likes this.
Old Dec 7, 18, 8:14 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
According to the Oneworld lounge list, it is only the Elemis spa and showers in the Galleries Club lounge that is closed. Not the full lounge.

So I would expect the J passengers to be sent to the galleries as usual.
WAStraveller likes this.
Old Dec 9, 18, 9:00 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
I was there the other week. some renovation happening but the lounge is still very much open and operational.
if there were any closure plans, ANA would announce it on their website.
Too many Diamonds and SFCs to anger if the lounge is closed and no alternative is offered!
Old Dec 19, 18, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

First class lounge for J

I am here now, the galleries is closed but they directed us to First class. It's a very nice lounge but what is surprising is that for the two hours we have been here, they have not removed any glasses or dishes. The lounge is filling up and people think some seats are taken since there are dishes near seats/couches. The drink assortment is great and nicely presented. There were a few sandwiches and after an hour of no good, they added more of the same. Update: the dining area has food now and they cleaned up. This place is packed!

Last edited by WAStraveller; Dec 19, 18 at 1:45 pm Reason: Update
Old Apr 26, 19, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta GM
What if you're flying off from JFK in PY, as PY is entitled to lounge access as well?

Search this Thread