Advance service qualification

Old Nov 30, 18, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Advance service qualification

Hi all. I did a search and couldnít find any answers and the ANA website doesnít make a lot of sense.

Iíll be traveling for work towards the end of the year, and my last trip is 12/31 from NRT to JFK. Coincidentally I would qualify for Diamond with this return. The website reads that if points are credited after January you wonít receive advance service even though the flights were taken in December.

If if I read it literally it means as long as my 12/31 points get credited by 1/31/19 I can receive advance service as a Diamond. However Iím skeptical since the translation can be bad on the U.S. website.

Did anyone have a similar experience in the past and can confirm that points do not need to be credited to an account by 12/31? If they do, Iím assuming it would have to be Japan time and not the address of record of the account holder?

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 18, 10:09 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
Originally Posted by nycua1k View Post
If if I read it literally it means as long as my 12/31 points get credited by 1/31/19 I can receive advance service as a Diamond. However Iím skeptical since the translation can be bad on the U.S. website.

Hum, my translation of Japanese site is:
If you flew by 12/31 and credited before January, you can receive advance service.
If credited on or after January, you can't receive advance service.

So, your 12/31 international flight is usually credited on 1/1.
So you couldn't get advance service.
And, an AMC agent confirmed my interpretation.

BTW, ANA's crediting is really fast, but not on the same day.
In my experiece, my SYD-HND left evening, before landing at HND around morning, flight miles were credited on my account when I checked my account page via on-board WiFi.

Old Nov 30, 18, 10:35 pm

Programs: ANA: Platinum / Marriott: Gold Elite
I recently took a HND-BKK that departed after midnight and the flight was credited a couple of hours prior to landing, so if you are on the 16:40 out of NRT that day, maybe it scrapes through?
Old Dec 1, 18, 8:54 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
Originally Posted by Torode View Post
I recently took a HND-BKK that departed after midnight and the flight was credited a couple of hours prior to landing, so if you are on the 16:40 out of NRT that day, maybe it scrapes through?
IMHO, flights just after midnight are treated as flights of previous night in terms of crediting timing. around 02:00-03:00AM is usual time of credit.
Torode likes this.
Old Dec 18, 18, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Really appreciate everyoneís input. Hereís hoping when my flight lands in the U.S. on 12/31 those points will post and no weather issues! 🤞

Search this Thread