Community
Wiki Posts
Search

40 minute connection in NRT on NH (J)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

40 minute connection in NRT on NH (J)

We purchased our tickets on ANA's website - it has us returning SIN-NRT NH802 arriving NRT at 14:30 - then departing NH010 NRT-JFK deaprting at 15:10. I read the other thread about connections - if the legal connection is 45 minutes, why was this ticketed this way? Are we going to have issues? Oh, and from JFK on a separate ticket we go back to DC.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
If NH ticketed it on one ticket, I am sure they are going to make sure it happens. Maybe they have recently shaved 5 minutes of MCT?

I would not worry about it being possible to make such connection.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Well, there goes checking out the NRT lounge We fly to SIN via HND. Do you think we could approach ANA to see if they can move us to an earlier flight? They have two red eyes - one at 11:55 pm and one at 12:40am - we booked the transit hotel but I would ditch that. Any suggestions on how to approach this if so? We are coming on Singapore Airlines from Vietnam arriving Singapore around 4pm.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by laurava
Well, there goes checking out the NRT lounge We fly to SIN via HND. Do you think we could approach ANA to see if they can move us to an earlier flight? They have two red eyes - one at 11:55 pm and one at 12:40am - we booked the transit hotel but I would ditch that. Any suggestions on how to approach this if so? We are coming on Singapore Airlines from Vietnam arriving Singapore around 4pm.
If you want to confirm it in advance, you would need to look at your fare rules and change conditions, and be ready to pay whatever that entices of fees.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

I looked at the seat map and that red eye flight is full in business. I will check the day before but it's doubtful it will open up. I want to be prepared in case our luggage does not make it since it's tight. What is their policy on delivering luggage? We are ticketed on NH to JFK but we continue on to WAS.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by laurava
I looked at the seat map and that red eye flight is full in business. I will check the day before but it's doubtful it will open up. I want to be prepared in case our luggage does not make it since it's tight. What is their policy on delivering luggage? We are ticketed on NH to JFK but we continue on to WAS.
If you make it, your luggage will in all likelihood also make it. Though ask at the gate before boarding the JFK flight if the luggage will make it. They will be able to see that. If not, ask them already if they can put it on the next IAD flight instead of JFK as you are flying on.
WAStraveller likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If you make it, your luggage will in all likelihood also make it. Though ask at the gate before boarding the JFK flight if the luggage will make it. They will be able to see that. If not, ask them already if they can put it on the next IAD flight instead of JFK as you are flying on.
Thanks- that is solid advice- will definitely do this!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Whch date are you flying ?
I couldn't find NH10 departing on 15:10, but 16:40 during Nov2018 and Mar2019.

BTW, NH10 arrives at JFK on 15:10.

MCT of NH-NH II at NRT is 45min.
Sometimes, because of summer/winter schedule, airlines make some exceptions.
But I couldn't find an annouvement of exception.
WAStraveller likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu

That would explain the mystery of the connection time, if OP looked at arrival time rather than departure. And all worries, including "missing" the ANA lounge will go away.....
WAStraveller likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu

Thank you- the other connection thread had me worried (this is a multi leg trip for 3 countries with my family - 2 tweens). I am coordinating everything.. so in my panic, I did look at the wrong information. The connection isn't 40 minutes- we depart NRT-JFK at 16:40 - *arrive* at JFK at 15:10. You are right!!!!
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That would explain the mystery of the connection time, if OP looked at arrival time rather than departure. And all worries, including "missing" the ANA lounge will go away.....
True- we have some time to check out the NRT lounge now (since I did goof up the times).. we will know the HND lounge really well since the HND-SIN leg is a red eye- we will be hanging out waiting for our flight.!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.