Narita-Seattle double miles!

Old Nov 24, 18, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Narita-Seattle double miles!

Nice campaign here, I think... but I can't tell if status bonus miles will be doubled: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/amc/cpn/...ustop201811334

For example, I'm a first year diamond, so would I earn (base +115% for diamond) x2, or just (base x2) + extra 115% for diamond?
Old Nov 24, 18, 3:52 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
The period to coincide perfectly with JAL's launch on the Seattle route.
Old Nov 24, 18, 10:44 am
Original Poster

I phoned the Diamond service desk and they actually couldn't answer this question! They have promised to check and call back...

Last edited by FlyingtoFlyAway; Dec 16, 18 at 9:53 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 16, 18, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingtoFlyAway View Post
I phoned the Diamond service desk and they actually couldn't answer this question! They have promised to check and call back...
Overdue update: I got a very uncertain answer from the Diamond Desk that the bonus would apply only to the flight miles (class x actual), not the bonus miles from status. But they didn't sound sure so I don't think this is conclusive.
Old Dec 17, 18, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Update part II: I called the USA Diamond desk yesterday and got a very confident answer that base miles double, so the entire mileage doubles as a result. I'm going to book it...
Old Feb 3, 19, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Update: after my last post I actually phoned again and got yet another answer, that only "boarding" miles (distance x fare class) are doubled. Confusion continues...
Old Feb 8, 19, 10:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
from website link above.
Double miles* will be credited to eligible members who fulfill the following conditions.
  • *Double miles means the equivalent amount of flight miles that you gain from your boarding.

Search this Thread