Question using ANA miles on OZ

Old Nov 22, 18, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / AF Silver
Question using ANA miles on OZ

Hi,

Just like the other poster, it is my first time using miles on ANA. I actually transferred AMEX points to book 2 business class RT on OZ.

But now I wonder a couple of things:
- If I need to add a pet, do I call OZ with the reservation number provided by ANA? or ANA?
Intuitively, I would call OZ as they are the ones transporting us but I am not sure how those reservation numbers work

- We have no status with ANA, and are diamond on OZ (equivalent *A Gold).
My understanding is that I would not benefit from any *A Gold benefit if I do not have it from ANA.
Nevertheless, has anyone tried and succeeded in mentioning it to OZ in order for them to switch over the miles account?
Or is that simply a no no? I suspect I won't get this one and frankly, I don't think it will matter that much (I may lose the 3rd free luggage but that's not a big deal).

Thanks in advance for your reply!
Old Nov 22, 18, 6:43 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Generally, the FFP registered to a redemption ticket will be the program the ticket was booked from. But you can change that, and get the benefits from a higher status in another program. You may have to call ANA after booking. Or you can just do it at check in.
Old Nov 26, 18, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks, so I called OZ for the pet, and the reservation number seems to be the one from OZ since they found us.
But the guy didn't want to swap over my ANA number with the OZ number...
It's a shame more for the seat selection as I am used to get the front rows seat with OZ, but oh well.

I will try again later.
Old Nov 26, 18, 5:52 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
OP, some countries have lengthy animal quarantine periods before admittance (some are 6 months long!)

Have you checked if this is the case with any of the countries you visit or return to?

Being a pet lover, I would not want to ever subject my pet to that experience....
Old Nov 27, 18, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roberto99 View Post
OP, some countries have lengthy animal quarantine periods before admittance (some are 6 months long!)

Have you checked if this is the case with any of the countries you visit or return to?

Being a pet lover, I would not want to ever subject my pet to that experience....
Yes, I often travel with my dog. As a matter of fact, I even take OZ with her.
Usually, I pay for my tickets, that's why this redemption through ANA is new to me.
I did redeemed before on OZ miles directly too.

Anyway, the dog is ready to go and travel.
She is from South Korea, lives in the US, has been to South Korea, California, France... she's a great traveler!

To avoid the quarantine (especially for Asia), you need to have some blood tests done for anti bodies test for rabies.
And some health certificate that are certified by a regulatory authority.
Old Nov 27, 18, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

So update for me, I called ANA and explained I wanted to add my OZ number for my wife and myself.
She wondered why since there is no benefit but I explained I had much higher status with OZ and she accepted.

Well guess what, right after she did, the booking appeared on my OZ account right away!
Now I feel more compelled to ask for the usual 8K seat I like .

Search this Thread