ANA F JFK-NRT Meal Options

Old Nov 19, 18, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, Hertz PS, National Exec Elite
ANA F JFK-NRT Meal Options

I'm flying JFK-NRT in F this coming February and wanted to know if it's possible to order both the Western main meal AND the Japanese main meal. The online menu lists 1 meal under each option, so could I do the Western style main meal (caviar and Wagyu) for my first meal and the Japanese style main meal for my second meal? Or are you restricted to just 1 "main" meal and then have to have the light snacks the remainder of the flight? I read a few trip reports and looked at the ANA F class menus ahead of time for my flight, but haven't been able to figure out. Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Nov 20, 18, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
I am sure if there is a meal left, they will be happy to serve it to you. Just ask nicely after the main meal is done.
gpy likes this.
Old Nov 20, 18, 11:16 pm
gpy

The FAs bend over backwards to accommodate requests. I personally was really underwhelmed with the catering in F, especially the light meal options, though I know I'm in the minority. My husband actually disliked the catering so much he prefers us to fly Korean air via ICN and we're both lovers of all Asian cuisines. I think it also depends on the passenger load. Our NRT-JFK flight was 7/8 so I don't there was much leftover!
Old Nov 20, 18, 11:43 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond+SFC+1MM (NH*G), Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Penn Club of NY
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I am sure if there is a meal left, they will be happy to serve it to you. Just ask nicely after the main meal is done.
+1, you can ask after the mains are distributed or tell the flight attendants beforehand that you'd like to sample both Japanese and Western mains or multiple Western mains. They'll likely ask you what your first choice is so you secure your first main and then whatever is leftover will be fair game. Only instance I see this being difficult is when F is full.

ANA F used to offer "duo-style" and officially stated it on the menu, where they provided two half-portions of whatever Western mains. While I have not seen "duo-style" on the menus as of late, chief pursers and the most seasoned flight attendants handle the F cabin, so they should know what you're talking about if you want to go for multiple Western mains.

Also, if you'd like to have additional mains later in the flight, you should let flight attendants know so they set them aside. Or else, the captain or the flight crew may consume them! When you see trays with table cloths leaving the F cabin when the lights are dimmed, it's usually being sent to the rear galley for the flight crew to eat!
Old Nov 27, 18, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, Hertz PS, National Exec Elite
Thanks for the intel all!

Search this Thread