Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Flying Lufthansa and depositing points with ANA (had not flown with ANA before)

Old Nov 19, 18, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Hi

I've just booked a PE flight with Lufthansa, was wondering if I could deposit my miles with ANA, with out flying with them before?

I got some miles with Virgin and looking to use the miles for LHR-HND either business or first class, does anyone know availability for a pair of seat?
Had looked before either 1 availability or none (via ANA mileage account). Please advise me how to exchange a pair of seat.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 19, 18, 4:56 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Yes, you can accrue miles from Lufthansa flights to ANA without ever having flown ANA.

By saying you have miles with Virgin, do you mean that you have them in your Virgin frequent flyer program? If that is the case you can't combine them with miles accrued with the ANA program, they will remain separate.
Old Nov 19, 18, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Thx CPH-Flyer for your quick reply
Then I will collect ANA miles in my upcoming flights instead of Lufthansa. Lufthansa miles ares based on fares which convert to much lower mileage.

Regarding Virgin, its another issue as I have 150k+ miles. Thx for reminding about not able transfer or combine account. I intend either to redeem voucher or domestic flights from ANA account when I visit JP.
Old Nov 19, 18, 4:43 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
Just remind, FYI
ANA's earning table for LH flights.

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/amc/refe...ile/tk/lh.html

Deep discount economy classes , L,K,T earn only 30% of mileages.
If your ticket class isn't in this table, earning rate is 0%.
Old Nov 20, 18, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Thx Wasabi

Glad to hear its 100% not the LH 4 miles/eur which mean i get 2450 miles instead of 13000 ana miles

Search this Thread