Valid ANA Award Routing?

Old Nov 13, 18, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, National EE
Valid ANA Award Routing?

Looking at booking a RT USA/CA-South Africa soon. Before I transfer points over, I want to make sure what I have is valid. As far as I can tell it is since I am remaining in the designated zones and keeping the transfers to 2.

Outbound:
AC YYZ-DXB (overnight)
ET DXB-ADD-JNB

Return:
VFA/JNB/CPT-ADD-LFW-IAD

My main issue is does ANA restrict direction of travel? Obviously flying to DXB before ADD would be invalid if that is the case.
Also, ANA lists ADD-IAD as nonstop (but it indeed stops in LFW). I wonder if I can tack on another segment on that routing?

I've been able to put the routing together on ANA's website, but I'm 12K short so I can't click to continue to see if it's something that'll ticket or not.
Old Nov 13, 18, 8:48 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA View Post
Looking at booking a RT USA/CA-South Africa soon. Before I transfer points over, I want to make sure what I have is valid. As far as I can tell it is since I am remaining in the designated zones and keeping the transfers to 2.

Outbound:
AC YYZ-DXB (overnight)
ET DXB-ADD-JNB

Return:
VFA/JNB/CPT-ADD-LFW-IAD

My main issue is does ANA restrict direction of travel? Obviously flying to DXB before ADD would be invalid if that is the case.
Direction isn't matter.

Also, ANA lists ADD-IAD as nonstop (but it indeed stops in LFW). I wonder if I can tack on another segment on that routing?
If one segment, it's one flight segment in terms of partner award.

I've been able to put the routing together on ANA's website, but I'm 12K short so I can't click to continue to see if it's something that'll ticket or not.
If web page shows required miles and TAX, routing is ok.
Old Nov 13, 18, 9:38 am

You can call ANA and give them the details that you want and they can confirm if its valid and give you an exact price in miles and for the taxes. They are always quite helpful on the phone.
Old Nov 13, 18, 9:59 am

Iíve found that if the website allows you to put the itinerary together then it will ticket properly.

Donít worry about backtracking to DXB. I was able to ticket NRT-ICN-IST(stopover)-CMN, VIE-TPE-BKK-NRT without issues despite backtracking TPE-BKK-NRT.

Search this Thread