Wiki Posts
Search

HND-VIE coming in February 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
HND-VIE coming in February 2019

Reported in Nikkei (Japanese edition) this morning. Will be a red-eye from HND to maximize connecting opportunities. Article says that NH currently enjoys a ~90% load factor in business class on the HND-FRA red-eye.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Always good news (for us europeans in Japan) to have more NH flights to Europe
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:49 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Official press release: https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/20...0181015-1.html
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
I'm surprised. I didn't think Austria had HND slots (I understood Finland, Italy and the Netherlands having them among countries not currently served from HND).
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:59 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Great news after the reinstatement of 5x NRT-VIE in May.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
I'm surprised. I didn't think Austria had HND slots (I understood Finland, Italy and the Netherlands having them among countries not currently served from HND).
If Finland has Haneda slots, I am surprised that Finnairs double daily on HEL NRT for the summer time table was not split between the airports. Makes little sense to have two AY flights departing Narita within an hour..
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
From 23:00 to 06:00, there are unused slots.
Basically, any airline can use them.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Any limitations on the other end of the route, apart from the US?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:36 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
An interesting and welcome development. Here is some background info regarding international slots at HND and the expansion of T2 to handle international flights from CAPA:

“Haneda's slots (total, not slot pairs) will increase by 39,000 per annum, from 447,000 to 486,000. The additional slots will all be for international flights. There are an existing 90,000 available slots for international services (at daytime and night-time hours), so international will have 129,000 slots. Details of the allocation (day/night, airline, etc.) have yet to be announced, but the additional gate space is scheduled to be available from Mar-2020.”
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If Finland has Haneda slots, I am surprised that Finnairs double daily on HEL NRT for the summer time table was not split between the airports. Makes little sense to have two AY flights departing Narita within an hour..
Problem is there's no good way for a non-Japanese airline to use overnight slots for European flights without forcing the plane to spend a day at HND. Japanese airlines have an inherent advantage because they can just take the plane and go somewhere else without issue. It can only work for a European airline if they have a daytime slot as well.

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
All HND slots are still dependent on agreements made between Japan and each country. So at some point, Japan had to have negotiated landing rights at HND for flights to Austria. I remember reading about Finland, the Netherlands and Italy having them, but not Austria. Also, I know Turkey holds overnight slots. The UAE has another slot reserved for Abu Dhabi, but Etihad isn't using it.

If JL decides to restore its second CDG service, maybe they do a redeye from HND instead like they used to, or perhaps start service to FCO or AMS.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:30 pm

Great news - is it a 777 or 787?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Will Dearborn
Great news - is it a 777 or 787?
According to the press release linked above, 787-9, with 48 J config.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.