Very disappointed in ANA service levels YVR

Old Nov 5, 18, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Just a quick follow up - I had a bit of back and fourth with ANA in Japan regarding this situation and they did make good with me by providing some compensation. I don't want to get into details as I think my situation was a bit unique, but I will say ANA did follow up as promised and after a bit more of me explaining my side to the Japan office, they did the right thing by me.

+1 ANA on this on after the fact.
Old Nov 5, 18, 2:51 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Let's hope it is also a step in the direction of improving future handling of similar situations...

An update to the SOP for typhoon cancellations GASP.
Old Nov 6, 18, 9:04 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Originally Posted by bennyblanco View Post
Just a quick follow up - I had a bit of back and fourth with ANA in Japan regarding this situation and they did make good with me by providing some compensation. I don't want to get into details as I think my situation was a bit unique, but I will say ANA did follow up as promised and after a bit more of me explaining my side to the Japan office, they did the right thing by me.

+1 ANA on this on after the fact.
Glad to hear that the ultimate resolution was satisfactory. Based on my experiences, I'm surprised NH compensated at all, but perhaps it's a good sign.