Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Back again, trying to upgrade my business class ticket to first with United Miles...

Back again, trying to upgrade my business class ticket to first with United Miles...

Old Sep 12, 18, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, EVA

Had to get a pretty last minute business class ticket (flying from Narita to SFO on the 27th), so they only had Z class left, which makes it possible to upgrade. I am hoping to use my United miles, what are the chances that some upgrade availability will show up? Or have I missed my chances already... Tried to do the same thing late last year, checked every day 3 weeks out of my departure date and had no luck. Really would like to try out the elusive ANA F class...
Old Sep 12, 18, 3:46 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
No chance of doing so.

Fortunately, NH long haul Business is a winner, too. And that flight is mostly for sleeping.
Old Sep 12, 18, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by felxcat View Post
Had to get a pretty last minute business class ticket (flying from Narita to SFO on the 27th), so they only had Z class left, which makes it possible to upgrade. I am hoping to use my United miles, what are the chances that some upgrade availability will show up? Or have I missed my chances already... Tried to do the same thing late last year, checked every day 3 weeks out of my departure date and had no luck. Really would like to try out the elusive ANA F class...
GPU can't be used for booking class Z, so you are down to a Star Alliance upgrade That requires ANA to release award inventory. So if you find booking class. O available you can upgrade.

Between Diamond members potentially being on the wait list for a realeae, and ANA not releasing much O inventory, I would say pretty low chance. But keep a sharp eye out for the potential availability.
​​​​

Search this Thread
Search Engine: