Wiki Posts
Search

Interline Baggage

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Interline Baggage

Hello,

Tried to find my answer on the FAQ but I just understood that ANA does work with star alliance partners.

I have snowboarding trip next January and will be flying from LAX to HND that will arrive at 5:30 am which was a F class award booking through VS. Then I need/I will be purchasing a separate domestic ticket from HND to CTS which will be through ANA at either 8am or 9am. I understand that I will need to go through immigration when I arrive at HND and then go from the international terminal to the domestic terminal for the 2nd leg. Will ANA interline my check baggage (snowboarding gear) from LAX to HND to CTS so I can just go through customs @ CTS only? Or will I have to pick them up at baggage claim then go through customs at HND first and then check my bag back in at the domestic terminal?

Anyone have experience with checking in snow gear? I assume I'll be paying $50 for excess baggage fee. Still would be cheaper than using a shipping service like "LuggageFoward" which would send my gear from LA to my hotel in Niseko for $164 one way.

Last edited by Drew523; Sep 6, 2018 at 12:39 pm Reason: additional info
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
NH will check your bag(s) through to CTS ... be ready to have both tickets ready for check-in agent ... will ANA check bag to domestic US location on another ticket?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Even though checkin, you have to pick up your luggage and clear custom at HND.
Then you can drop your bag at the arrival level of the international terminal. Exit custom, and turn to right, you can find counters for domestic connection.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both for the information. I'll book my flights accordingly.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: DL FO
Hi all,
I have an award flight in F (NRT-IAD), will be buying a separate ticket on UA (no status or credit card) from IAD-NYC.
Will NH check my bag through to NYC? Or will I need to reclaim in IAD and pay baggage fee?
Thank you!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by hoth300
Hi all,
I have an award flight in F (NRT-IAD), will be buying a separate ticket on UA (no status or credit card) from IAD-NYC.
Will NH check my bag through to NYC? Or will I need to reclaim in IAD and pay baggage fee?
Thank you!
NH will check your luggage through, however you will have to reclaim your luggage anyway when arriving in the US. The through check will not excuse you for the bag fee in principle, but whether United will notice and claim you is a different point

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.