Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Diamond access to Silver Kris First Class lounge @ Changi?

Old Sep 3, 18, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Hi all. First time Diamond member as of this week! Woot!!!

The FAQ states an unpublicized Diamond benefit of access to the SQ First Class Silver Kris lounge at Changi (Singapore). Can anyone confirm recent access? Especially with an economy ticket? And only NH tickets or any *A?

Tales of any other unpublicized Diamond perks would also be greatly appreciated
Old Sep 3, 18, 9:32 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
what FAQ? please post a link. I assume this one (link)?
Normally (as per SQ) First class lounge access rules here, only passengers in First class or SQ super elites can use the F lounge.
However, just based on the link above, then better call ANA to clarify.
Old Sep 3, 18, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Oh, the FAQ of this forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1353616-read-first-all-nippon-airways-amc-master-thread.html#post18705523

It's the final part of the 8. FAQ section
Old Sep 6, 18, 5:51 am

Posted in 2012. Lots has changed since.
Old Sep 6, 18, 7:12 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
It was still available just over a month ago and was constantly over the last 18 months. Its Terminal 2 and I believe Swiss and LH Diamond equiv also get it judging by the customer mix just before I left for boarding.

Last edited by jackrussellterrier; Sep 6, 18 at 7:14 am Reason: spelling
Old Sep 7, 18, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackrussellterrier View Post
It was still available just over a month ago and was constantly over the last 18 months. Its Terminal 2 and I believe Swiss and LH Diamond equiv also get it judging by the customer mix just before I left for boarding.
Thanks! Did you use ANA tickets only, or does it work with any *A ticket? From Bangkok I'd be taking SQ or TG.
Old Sep 9, 18, 9:41 pm

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
Originally Posted by FlyingtoFlyAway View Post
Thanks! Did you use ANA tickets only, or does it work with any *A ticket? From Bangkok I'd be taking SQ or TG.
Only ANA.
Old Sep 13, 18, 2:04 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond+SFC+1MM (NH*G), Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Penn Club of NY
I was in Singapore earlier this month and took NH 844, the red eye from SIN to HND. As a NH Diamond, access to SilverKris Lounge's First Class section was granted and noted on my boarding pass (I was flying Business, but upgraded from Y.) Based on the verbiage on NH's website, Diamonds should be granted access regardless of boarding class, as it goes out of its way to clarify that Diamonds can access the SilverKris Lounge without having a First or Business ticket. Worth a call to customer service ahead of time to clarify, if you're worried.

The T2 lounge set-up is not as glamorous as T3. With no natural light, it feels a bit like a dungeon and outdated as well. It's actually been 8 years since I last visited the T2 SilverKris First Lounge, but I feel the food spread and customer service was significantly better before. The main buffet section was mainly Chinese food, but nothing memorable; lots of mushroom and chicken dishes, not premium ingredients (think glamorized Panda Express.) The made-to-order counter was only offering dim sum and one rice dish, which didn't look very appetizing. They also closed the counter around 9:00pm. In contrast, the ordinary SilverKris Lounge in Hong Kong, for example has 2 or 3 rice and noodle dishes made-to-order, with attendants proactively offering it to diners. In my 2.5 hours at the SilverKris First Lounge, I did not see one SQ staff roam the grounds, only a guy pushing around a trash cart, clearing plates and glasses - to be honest, not a classy way to pick up after others, as he was dressed similar to a janitor in a gym.

An unpublicized perk was that check-in was also available at Premier Check-In, operated by SATS. According to this Business Traveller link, it has been available since 2010... was not aware!

ANA's check-in counter opens 3 hours prior to scheduled departure at SIN. I wonder if you could check-in earlier than that at Premier Check-In - Does anyone know?
Old Sep 13, 18, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ANAStarFlyer View Post
I was in Singapore earlier this month and took NH 844, the red eye from SIN to HND. As a NH Diamond, access to SilverKris Lounge's First Class section was granted and noted on my boarding pass (I was flying Business, but upgraded from Y.) Based on the verbiage on NH's website, Diamonds should be granted access regardless of boarding class, as it goes out of its way to clarify that Diamonds can access the SilverKris Lounge without having a First or Business ticket. Worth a call to customer service ahead of time to clarify, if you're worried.

The T2 lounge set-up is not as glamorous as T3. With no natural light, it feels a bit like a dungeon and outdated as well. It's actually been 8 years since I last visited the T2 SilverKris First Lounge, but I feel the food spread and customer service was significantly better before. The main buffet section was mainly Chinese food, but nothing memorable; lots of mushroom and chicken dishes, not premium ingredients (think glamorized Panda Express.) The made-to-order counter was only offering dim sum and one rice dish, which didn't look very appetizing. They also closed the counter around 9:00pm. In contrast, the ordinary SilverKris Lounge in Hong Kong, for example has 2 or 3 rice and noodle dishes made-to-order, with attendants proactively offering it to diners. In my 2.5 hours at the SilverKris First Lounge, I did not see one SQ staff roam the grounds, only a guy pushing around a trash cart, clearing plates and glasses - to be honest, not a classy way to pick up after others, as he was dressed similar to a janitor in a gym.

An unpublicized perk was that check-in was also available at Premier Check-In, operated by SATS. According to this Business Traveller link, it has been available since 2010... was not aware!

ANA's check-in counter opens 3 hours prior to scheduled departure at SIN. I wonder if you could check-in earlier than that at Premier Check-In - Does anyone know?
Normally the SAT'S desk offers check in before the main desks open. That is part of the benefit. Though admittedly, I have not tried recently
Old Sep 13, 18, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Normally the SAT'S desk offers check in before the main desks open. That is part of the benefit. Though admittedly, I have not tried recently
you can always do the regular early-checkin

Departure, GST Refunds, Security - Singapore Changi Airport

T2, Row 6
Up to 24 hrs before departure, available from 0600hrs to 2359hrs
Old Sep 13, 18, 10:54 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond+SFC+1MM (NH*G), Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Penn Club of NY
Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
you can always do the regular early-checkin

Departure, GST Refunds, Security - Singapore Changi Airport
Thank you, this is very helpful. Was unaware of the early check-in feature at Changi!
Old Sep 14, 18, 9:14 am

Thank you, this is very helpful. Was unaware of the early check-in feature at Changi!
Still not good as hkg airport express's intown check-in

For the shared early check-in desk/counter, I believe SATS runs them as well.

too bad the early check-in lounge is only t1
https://www.tripzilla.com/changi-air...check-in/33803
Old Sep 20, 18, 4:56 pm

I haven't tried accessing T3's SilverKris First Class Lounge when traveling on NH.

Has anyone tried it? Do they allow you in or direct you back to T2?

Search this Thread