Old Oct 30, 18, 9:56 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
NH 956 PEK-NRT 1025-1500 A-320

Hard to believe but this is the best meal I've ever had on a plane
What was so good about it?
Old Oct 30, 18, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Plat Prem, Hertz PC, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by transportprof View Post
What was so good about it?
The quality of the food was really high, every bite was delicious. It tasted fresh and like something you'd actually want to eat on the ground.
Old Oct 30, 18, 10:01 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
The quality of the food was really high, every bite was delicious. It tasted fresh and like something you'd actually want to eat on the ground.
You mean as opposed to tasting like something that had been dropped on the ground?

I guess we need to start a best meal in the sky thread somewhere else in FlyerTalk to compare this one with the other ne plus ultra repasts.
Old Nov 5, 18, 12:05 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Having a forthcoming flight from MUC to HND in spring next year, I followed NH's menus for a while now. What I noticed is that the International Cuisine usually has a beef dish, but the menus only mention the way it is prepared and the sauce it comes with. Does this mean that it's really only the beef in the sauce on the plate, no side dishes like potatoes or vegetables or anything? Or how will it look like? I'm really a bit confused, as it seems that for the Japanese menu every single item is listed.
Old Nov 5, 18, 4:23 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
There are sides, but mainly meat. This is from LAX NRT (sorry for the picture quality)

Old Dec 18, 18, 2:00 pm

I'll be flying in CGK-HND-BKK (both on 789) and was seeing on ANA's website that there are a lot of special menus. I don't have any particular need but was wondering if it's worth trying a specific one.
Old Dec 18, 18, 6:48 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Sciamano View Post
I'll be flying in CGK-HND-BKK (both on 789) and was seeing on ANA's website that there are a lot of special menus. I don't have any particular need but was wondering if it's worth trying a specific one.
If you have no dietary restrictions, I would go for the menus offered on board. It is not like the US where ordering a special meal is likely to get you a better option, more likely the other way around The standard meal is likely to be the better option
royng and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Dec 19, 18, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
If you have no dietary restrictions, I would go for the menus offered on board. It is not like the US where ordering a special meal is likely to get you a better option, more likely the other way around The standard meal is likely to be the better option
Thank you
Old Dec 22, 18, 10:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: A3 *G, CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)
NH821 HND-HKG (2018 Dec)

NH821 HND-HKG (1am red-eye)
2018 Dec

Japanese menu shown in photo
Attached Images    
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jan 7, 19, 9:31 pm

These are pictures from December (2018) from JFK-HND.. it shows the amuse, the main dish (international) and dessert (which I opted for the cheeses). Overall, this was such a great introduction to ANA since the food was fantastic! There were some quircky parts but overall the service was 5 star. We somewhat recently went on J class on Emirates and my husband and I did comment on how flashy/glamourous everything was (love the bar on the airplane!), the lounges were spectacular in Dubai. But the food was not. ANA food was way above other airlines by far. Apologies for anything wrong since it's my first time posting pictures here.