Booking Mixed-Class ANA Ticket

Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Booking Mixed-Class ANA Ticket

Hi all,

Trying to book award tickets for four people on ANA from the USA to Thailand and I'd appreciate some recent anecdeos. I'm able to find three confirmed Economy tickets and one confirmed Business ticket on the outbound. There are two confirmed Business tickets on the return, and two Economy tickets on the return.

I've noticed that I can't book different-class award tickets on ANA's website. Could I call in and book a mixed award ticket (i.e. Economy on the outbound and Business on the return)? Would they charge a discounted rate since the ticket isn't in all business?

Also, is waitlist a bad idea to do 8 months out? It seems that waitlist experience varies wildly.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:02 pm

Waitlist is waitlist- I got one flight confirmed, but had to adjust the return flight to have that change from waitlist to ticketed. Try ExpertFlyer or one of the other tools that let you see available award seating on flights a couple days prior/after, you can probably find a flight that has some clear award space
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA
But you can book mixed class awards on ANA’s site - see screenshot.
And yes it’s less miles for the economy portion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.