Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA J Class Pajamas & Knitwear

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:46 am

So those PJs have been washed many times and reused by many passengers?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:19 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
So those PJs have been washed many times and reused by many passengers?
I'd say that's quite likely. Just like the robe in a hotel bathroom, or the bed sheets for that matter. Rarely will they be brand new, so undoubtedly have "touched skin" many times before you get them.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by 1984SW
I'd say that's quite likely. Just like the robe in a hotel bathroom, or the bed sheets for that matter. Rarely will they be brand new, so undoubtedly have "touched skin" many times before you get them.
What about F PJs? Are they brand new? I would like to think that they are...
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
F PJs can be taken off the plane. And it is new ones handed out every time.
lincoln boy likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Taking a turn from the hygienic and kleptomanic issues that seem to be of great interest on this thread, how comfortable are the J PJ's, actually? How would they compare, say to United's PJs?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I used them yesterday on NH110 and felt they were definitely better than the UA pajamas. More of a silky texture which kept me reasonably cool.

Originally Posted by transportprof
Taking a turn from the hygienic and kleptomanic issues that seem to be of great interest on this thread, how comfortable are the J PJ's, actually? How would they compare, say to United's PJs?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:41 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
The answer is in post # 26
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:46 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rodjune
I was on the redeye HND-SIN two nights ago and the FA proactively offered me the blue PJ set to wear, so I took her up on the offer figuring that I would get to keep these at the end of the flight. I based that on the fact that since PJ's are an article of skin-contact clothing worn by someone else, and even if it is laundered, surely they would not be reused, and if the passenger asked to keep them, they would oblige. Well, that was not the case; the FA requested that they be returned even though I asked if they could be kept at the end of the flight.
Please realize that bed sheets and towels in hotel rooms have been all over other people and then laundered too....
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by roberto99
The answer is in post # 26
Apparently, there is more than one opinion. See post #36 . That is why it is worth asking for input.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:34 pm

The quality isnt very good.
It isnt soft at all.
Not something I would wear at home.
Maybe they used lots of starch when cleaning it?
Some of the pjs (if it isnt a newer set) look really worn out too.

In contrast, the pjs from KE, SQ, JL, CX are all much better.
Softer and comfy but those are from F class.

If i were to fly NH biz again, i wouldnt ask for the pjs.
Not too comfy and the FAs are so militant about wanting those back, to the point where they make the pax get up from seat and change right away.

rodjune likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
there are no PJs in the traditional sense in business class. Just a cardigan you can borrow and then need to return at the end of the flight ("knitwear" in this link). ......
I think it's well established that this simply isn't true.

I have stopped asking for the ANA PJ's, they are pretty uncomfortable and not at all soft. As Japanese airlines tend to keep their cabins too warm a simple t-shirt and shorts work very well for me. meanwhile the Japanese customers around me are wrapped in scarves and blankets
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: United 1K
Flight attendants will always offer to fold your F pajamas for you to take with you after the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.