Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA First Class Departing JFK: Which Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
ANA First Class Departing JFK: Which Lounge?

Since United doesn't operate at JFK anymore, which lounge(s) do ANA's First Class passengers have access to there?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
A simple search "JFK lounge" = First Lounge at JFK
And if you looked at the ANA website ... under "Lounges"
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
A simple search "JFK lounge" = First Lounge at JFK
And if you looked at the ANA website ... under "Lounges"
Unfortunately the BA F Lounge in JFK is closed "until further notice" — some reports say it'll reopen in September but I wouldn't get my hopes up: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...er-notice.html

So galleries club for F pax for the time being as well it seems
Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by truncated
Unfortunately the BA F Lounge in JFK is closed "until further notice" — some reports say it'll reopen in September but I wouldn't get my hopes up: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...er-notice.html

So galleries club for F pax for the time being as well it seems
Isn't that exactly what the ANA website page says?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Are ANA passengers allowed to use the showers at the BA lounge?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 764toHI
Are ANA passengers allowed to use the showers at the BA lounge?
If you're allowed into the lounge, then you're allowed to use the showers.
Why do you think you wouldn't be?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
My understanding are the Elemis Spa services are not available to NH passengers, and the shower facilities are located in the spa. I've never flown NH ex-JFK so I'm not sure. Worst case I will head over to the LH SEN lounge for a shower and deal with the two security checks (thankfully this will be the afternoon before the evening rush at JFK, and ANA participates in PreCheck now).

Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
The BA First lounge just reopened and looks like a real treat
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
I haven't flown to JFK in some time but the *A lounge finder tool also shows LH or Swiss Senator lounges but they are in Terminal 4. Not sure how much of a pain it is to connect between terminals without having to leave and return through security.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:03 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by mh3265a
I haven't flown to JFK in some time but the *A lounge finder tool also shows LH or Swiss Senator lounges but they are in Terminal 4. Not sure how much of a pain it is to connect between terminals without having to leave and return through security.
The JFK Terminals aren't connected airside (other than a limited connection between T2 and T4 for DL), so it's a massive pain. The LH lounge is in T1 in any event, and ironically is one of the lounges JAL uses.

It's not the greatest, but unless you have several additional hours it probably makes sense to stick to the BA F in T7.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
The JFK Terminals aren't connected airside (other than a limited connection between T2 and T4 for DL), so it's a massive pain. The LH lounge is in T1 in any event, and ironically is one of the lounges JAL uses.

It's not the greatest, but unless you have several additional hours it probably makes sense to stick to the BA F in T7.
Roger and appreciate the gouge. Probably not worth it then!
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Elemis Travel Spa services are only for passengers on BA-operated flights, and I'm guessing at JFK the only BA-affiliated showers are in the Elemis Travel Spa (as they are in LHR T3 and T5). I have read reports that non-BA pax were permitted usage of the shower facilities (but nothing else) at the Elemis in LHR T3.

Originally Posted by 764toHI
My understanding are the Elemis Spa services are not available to NH passengers, and the shower facilities are located in the spa. I've never flown NH ex-JFK so I'm not sure. Worst case I will head over to the LH SEN lounge for a shower and deal with the two security checks (thankfully this will be the afternoon before the evening rush at JFK, and ANA participates in PreCheck now).
As mentioned above, there are several reports of non-BA pax being allowed to use the shower facilities at the Elemis Travel Spa in LHR T3. Hopefully the same applies at JFK.

Last edited by gengar; Oct 13, 2018 at 9:49 am
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:09 am

I can confirm that showers are available to NH passengers at the BA lounge JFK. I have done this flight 2-3 times. I'm glad that NH is flying out of this terminal. At T1, you don't even have shower access as a J flyer at the Lufthansa lounge unless you also have Star Alliance Gold Status. Very strange that Y Flyer gets the shower at the Senator level lounge and a J flyer gets hosed. I have thus made it a point to avoid Star Alliance flying out of JFK T1.
764toHI likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.