Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Very few routes from BKK: am I missing something?

Old Jul 27, 18, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

I've been searching ANA flights out of BKK (based there) and it seems that ANA only flies to Japan and USA. No Shanghai, Seoul, Pacific Islands, London etc. Obviously such flights would be via Tokyo, but nothing shows up at all.

Am I missing something? Why not connect BKK with destinations that have direct flights from Tokyo, especially with codeshares?
Old Jul 27, 18, 10:52 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH DIA+SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), HGP D, HH D, IHG SE
What exactly is your question? ANA is a Japan-based airline and so only flies to/from Japan.

If you are asking about fares, then yes — ANA’s published fares from most of Asia are to either Japan or the US. There are some fares (I believe) to places like Seoul, but those are the exception.
Old Jul 28, 18, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armagebedar View Post
What exactly is your question? ANA is a Japan-based airline and so only flies to/from Japan.

If you are asking about fares, then yes — ANA’s published fares from most of Asia are to either Japan or the US. There are some fares (I believe) to places like Seoul, but those are the exception.
Just asking/discussing SQ, CX and numerous Chinese and middle eastern airlines, among others, offer routes from Bangkok, the most heavily trafficked destination in Southeast Asia, to third destinations in Europe, Oceania, etc.

Sparked by my searching for a flight to Seoul and settling on Asiana (and similarly for a possible flight to Beijing). I would happily pay a premium to fly ANA via Tokyo, but not to the extent that I'd buy two separate tickets.
Old Jul 28, 18, 4:04 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, DL Gold
You can check ANA ex-Asia fare rule at
https://www.ana.co.jp/be1/int/eng/deperture/?menu=asia

From Korea
https://www.ana.co.jp/be1/int/eng/deperture/?menu=ko
Old Jul 28, 18, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu View Post
Fair enough! If anyone finds a reasonable fare from SEA to Europe or to Oceania or South America etc, please post!
Old Jul 31, 18, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingtoFlyAway View Post
I've been searching ANA flights out of BKK (based there) and it seems that ANA only flies to Japan and USA. No Shanghai, Seoul, Pacific Islands, London etc. Obviously such flights would be via Tokyo, but nothing shows up at all.

Am I missing something? Why not connect BKK with destinations that have direct flights from Tokyo, especially with codeshares?
A Tokyo connection constitutes significant backtracking for all of your examples, except for maybe Seoul, but there are sufficient nonstop options on that route, as well as more logical onestops such as HKG, TPE, PVG, and CAN.