Food offerings in domestic Suites Lounges?

Old Jul 26, 18, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Food offerings in domestic Suites Lounges?

I'm looking ahead to flights later this year after I will hit Diamond for the first time. Wondering what the food is like in the Domestic Suites lounges? I've been surprised that there is no food at all in the regular Platinum lounges (well, besides rice crackers).

Last edited by FlyingtoFlyAway; Jul 26, 18 at 8:33 am
Old Jul 26, 18, 12:18 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, DL Gold
You had better expect nothing about food offering at Diamond lounges.
Old Jul 26, 18, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu View Post
You had better expect nothing about food offering at Diamond lounges.
Thanks. Bummer...
Old Jul 27, 18, 3:59 am

Programs: United, Hilton
Originally Posted by FlyingtoFlyAway View Post
I've been surprised that there is no food at all in the regular Platinum lounges (well, besides rice crackers).
If they're going to provide free beer, they should at least offer a couple more types of snacks. The domestic lounge at NRT (ie, arrivals lounge) has those crackers plus rice balls and chocolates. That's not much, but that's at least the level of food offering they should provide in all domestic lounges.
Old Jul 27, 18, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by evergrn View Post
If they're going to provide free beer, they should at least offer a couple more types of snacks. The domestic lounge at NRT (ie, arrivals lounge) has those crackers plus rice balls and chocolates. That's not much, but that's at least the level of food offering they should provide in all domestic lounges.
Yes, it's very lame, especially given the exclusivity of domestic Suite Lounges, which you don't even get access to with a premium class seat. I understand not providing an extensive selection or full-blown meals for domestic flights, but some "real" food should really be offered.
Old Jul 27, 18, 6:18 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH DIA+SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), HGP D, HH D, IHG SE
There are rice balls, bread, and soup in the Suite Lounges. The regional ones (e.g. OKA) may have other special items.
Old Jul 27, 18, 6:55 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
Surprisingly the arrivals/domestic lounge at NRT had quite nice mini sandwiches as well. Something I had never experienced at HND domestic Suite lounge! What a treat The fact that it was completely overrun with pax at 4pm diluted the experience somewhat ....
Old Jul 28, 18, 11:04 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, SPG Plat Premier, WoHyatt Exp, IHG Spire Amb, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by armagebedar View Post
There are rice balls, bread, and soup in the Suite Lounges. The regional ones (e.g. OKA) may have other special items.
... donít forget the Krispkreme glazed donuts in the HND lounge, which are not available before noon and usually run out late afternoon.
Old Jul 29, 18, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shonanroger View Post

... donít forget the Krispkreme glazed donuts in the HND lounge, which are not available before noon and usually run out late afternoon.
That's a little more promising! I could go for one of those with a coffee right now...
Old Jul 29, 18, 2:00 pm

Programs: United, Hilton
Originally Posted by shonanroger View Post

I had one of those the other day for the first time in a few years. Realized my body can't take that stuff anymore.