FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club-443/)
-   -   Food offerings in domestic Suites Lounges? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1921886-food-offerings-domestic-suites-lounges.html)

FlyingtoFlyAway Jul 26, 2018 6:13 am

Food offerings in domestic Suites Lounges?

I'm looking ahead to flights later this year after I will hit Diamond for the first time. Wondering what the food is like in the Domestic Suites lounges? I've been surprised that there is no food at all in the regular Platinum lounges (well, besides rice crackers).

Wasabi Tofu Jul 26, 2018 11:18 am

You had better expect nothing about food offering at Diamond lounges.

FlyingtoFlyAway Jul 26, 2018 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu (Post 30015882)
You had better expect nothing about food offering at Diamond lounges.

Thanks. Bummer...

evergrn Jul 27, 2018 2:59 am

Originally Posted by FlyingtoFlyAway (Post 30014923)
I've been surprised that there is no food at all in the regular Platinum lounges (well, besides rice crackers).

If they're going to provide free beer, they should at least offer a couple more types of snacks. The domestic lounge at NRT (ie, arrivals lounge) has those crackers plus rice balls and chocolates. That's not much, but that's at least the level of food offering they should provide in all domestic lounges.

FlyingtoFlyAway Jul 27, 2018 5:06 am

Originally Posted by evergrn (Post 30018056)
If they're going to provide free beer, they should at least offer a couple more types of snacks. The domestic lounge at NRT (ie, arrivals lounge) has those crackers plus rice balls and chocolates. That's not much, but that's at least the level of food offering they should provide in all domestic lounges.

Yes, it's very lame, especially given the exclusivity of domestic Suite Lounges, which you don't even get access to with a premium class seat. I understand not providing an extensive selection or full-blown meals for domestic flights, but some "real" food should really be offered.

armagebedar Jul 27, 2018 5:18 am

There are rice balls, bread, and soup in the Suite Lounges. The regional ones (e.g. OKA) may have other special items.

jackrussellterrier Jul 27, 2018 5:55 am

Surprisingly the arrivals/domestic lounge at NRT had quite nice mini sandwiches as well. Something I had never experienced at HND domestic Suite lounge! What a treat :) The fact that it was completely overrun with pax at 4pm diluted the experience somewhat ....

shonanroger Jul 28, 2018 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by armagebedar (Post 30018267)
There are rice balls, bread, and soup in the Suite Lounges. The regional ones (e.g. OKA) may have other special items.

... don’t forget the Krispkreme glazed donuts in the HND lounge, which are not available before noon and usually run out late afternoon.

FlyingtoFlyAway Jul 29, 2018 2:32 am

Originally Posted by shonanroger (Post 30023624)

... don’t forget the Krispkreme glazed donuts in the HND lounge, which are not available before noon and usually run out late afternoon.

That's a little more promising! I could go for one of those with a coffee right now...

evergrn Jul 29, 2018 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by shonanroger (Post 30023624)

I had one of those the other day for the first time in a few years. Realized my body can't take that stuff anymore.