Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Can't Book Award on EVA - Strange Response from ANA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold

So I have been looking at a round trip US-HKG via TPE on EVA in J. I found my desired flights (JFK-TPE-HKG and reverse) and the website quoted me the 95,000 plus ~$200 in fees. I went to ticket that only to be given some sort of internal error code. I called ANA to book and the rep put me on hold for over 20 minutes to only come back and say that the TPE-HKG segment can't be coupled with the JFK-HKG (and vice versa) segment, even on longer connections than the 90 minutes I had selected. One HUCA later and that rep said that they couldn't see any TPE-HKG availability, which contradicts what the website (and UA.com) shows.

Am I missing something here? I know with other programs, the flights are only bookable if it's between cities the airline sells on its own, in this case, JFK-HKG via TPE is definitely a sellable connection on EVA.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
What date were you looking at?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by party_boy
What date were you looking at?
Departing JFK Feb 15th, arriving 16th then departing for HKG same day (7AM I believe).
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:05 am
Original Poster

So I went to go ticket a reservation but ended up on a call, so the page expired. Now all of the flights I was looking at are not showing seats available, so I'm guessing the inventory is in limbo. Any idea how long it takes to be put back?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:03 am

I am encountering a similar issue. There is availability for SEA to TPE and TPE to MNL as a part of a larger round trip, but errors out when I try to book. I called in and they said that they can't book those two as a connecting segment. Rep claims that I could book them if they were over 24 hours apart and considered a stopover instead of a layover. Any additional experience or clarification with this?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Probably, married segment issue.
Availability of JFK-TPE and TPE-HKG is different from JFK-xTPE-HKG availability.

It is very common for revenue reservation and ticketing.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 1:46 pm

have difficulties booking YYZ-YUL and BOS-YYZ for family member (on my Family Account Program).

Does it not allow open jaw or one-way ticketing? Keeps on giving me issues.

And now randomly playing around just to get the following error:

The class you selected is not available or no setting. Please select another class or change your criteria, and retry your search again.
Please select another class or change your criteria, and retry your search again. (E_A01P01_0007)

Last edited by global happy traveller; Aug 12, 2018 at 2:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.