Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA forced to cancel over 100 flights due to Trent 1000 checks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
ANA's Page on this: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/topics/notice180712/
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Source: FlightGlobal July 4 2018

Trent 1000 checks force ANA to cancel over 100 flights

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...0-flig-449931/

Mods - Feel free to move/merge

I found this thread, but it was routes specific. 787 Engine problems affecting SYD and MNL routes
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: NH
I found the message on ANA's website with a list of the cancelled flights:
www. ana.co.jp/asw/topinfo/info_e.jsp?infoID=l20180704172030&info_tool_flag=1
List:
www. ana.co.jp/apps/info/info20180704172012770.pdf

(I could link them due to under 5 posts >< )
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:38 am

Ah, prob explains the swap to a 789 for my upcoming short hop from GMP.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Troopers
Ah, prob explains the swap to a 789 for my upcoming short hop from GMP.
The problem should logically cause a swap away from a 787-9 as they have fewer ready for ops.

But, beware that it is not a swap to a domestic configuration 787-9, then there is approximately domestic style food and drink service, due to lack of galley space and ovens.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The problem should logically cause a swap away from a 787-9 as they have fewer ready for ops.

But, beware that it is not a swap to a domestic configuration 787-9, then there is approximately domestic style food and drink service, due to lack of galley space and ovens.
It was swapped to the long haul intl 789 w 48 J seats.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Troopers

It was swapped to the long haul intl 789 w 48 J seats.
That's a bit of a win. Though I am surprised that it happened.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
ANA has made further announcement regarding cancellations of flights due to Trent 1000 engine maintenance on 787 aircraft.

Between Sept. 1 and Oct. 27 ANA will cancel 593 domestic flights and 212 international flights due to the maintenance situation with Trent 1000 engines on 787 aircraft.

From Oct. 28 flight schedules will be adjusted according to Trent 1000 engine maintenance schedule, where there will be reduction of service on schedule but there should be no flight cancellations after Oct. 28.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
ANA has made further announcement regarding cancellations of flights due to Trent 1000 engine maintenance on 787 aircraft.

Between Sept. 1 and Oct. 27 ANA will cancel 593 domestic flights and 212 international flights due to the maintenance situation with Trent 1000 engines on 787 aircraft.

From Oct. 28 flight schedules will be adjusted according to Trent 1000 engine maintenance schedule, where there will be reduction of service on schedule but there should be no flight cancellations after Oct. 28.
Specific flights here.

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/topics/notice180802/
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: NH
Wow, good you notified!
Had plenty of ANA flights planned during those dates.
For the moment i'm not affected
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by beastieb
Interestingly NH175/6 LAX-NRT is cancelled for most of September / October and that's a 77W, so I wonder which 789 route is getting that frame instead
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by truncated
Interestingly NH175/6 LAX-NRT is cancelled for most of September / October and that's a 77W, so I wonder which 789 route is getting that frame instead
Regardless I feel pretty fortunate I am flying 175 on one of the days in September that it's not canceled... and flying 006 back to LAX on one of the days 176 is canceled.
Was really worried there for a minute when I first saw the notice.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:56 am

My LAX-NRT and KIX-HKG flights were spared, but both my return HKG-NRT and NRT-LAX were cancelled. Now I have the dreaded HND to NRT commute, since my HKG flight now returns to HND instead of NRT (almost the same flight times). Fortunately, I have 20 hours for a layover. My plan was just to stay around NRT and explore that area for the first time (taking advantage of super cheap NRT hotel options). Now, I will be spending the night in Ginza at a very pricy 20k point Hyatt hotel, rather than a super cheap 20k point Hilton. I just can't justify rushing from HND to NRT at 21:00 just to stay at the Narita Hilton.

To make things even worse, I lost my exit-row seats on the NRT-LAX flight. I cannot sleep at all in a standard Y seat unless I am leaning forward, so now I just have to hope that there are some empty seats in the back of the plane to lie down (which seems very unlikely given the fact that they just cancelled 1/3 of the flights on that route). All I can hope for now is if I get a chance to bid on a PE seat, as I highly doubt I will get a free upgrade from my Platinum NH status.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by downinit
My LAX-NRT and KIX-HKG flights were spared, but both my return HKG-NRT and NRT-LAX were cancelled. Now I have the dreaded HND to NRT commute, since my HKG flight now returns to HND instead of NRT (almost the same flight times). Fortunately, I have 20 hours for a layover. My plan was just to stay around NRT and explore that area for the first time (taking advantage of super cheap NRT hotel options). Now, I will be spending the night in Ginza at a very pricy 20k point Hyatt hotel, rather than a super cheap 20k point Hilton. I just can't justify rushing from HND to NRT at 21:00 just to stay at the Narita Hilton.

To make things even worse, I lost my exit-row seats on the NRT-LAX flight. I cannot sleep at all in a standard Y seat unless I am leaning forward, so now I just have to hope that there are some empty seats in the back of the plane to lie down (which seems very unlikely given the fact that they just cancelled 1/3 of the flights on that route). All I can hope for now is if I get a chance to bid on a PE seat, as I highly doubt I will get a free upgrade from my Platinum NH status.
I presume they've switched you from NH810 HKG-NRT to NH816 HKG-HND — would it not be possible to ask NH if you can be moved to NH106 HND-LAX? Avoids the overnight in Tokyo and the HND-NRT transfer that way
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like Taipei Song Shan is now 767 :-(
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by username
Looks like Taipei Song Shan is now 767 :-(
Yep, just got notified of my HND-TSA getting swapped to 763. And they moved me from a window to an aisle, just to rub it in. Assume there is 0% chance of a swap back at this point?

Also assume NH, being strict Japanese and all, won't waive refund fees?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.