Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Experience with Diamond upgrades to Premium Economy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experience with Diamond upgrades to Premium Economy?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by sodaisei
Online check in you mean?

Is there a possibility Diamonds are able to select PY while checking online while Platinum can only get PY when checking in at the airport 3 hours before the flight?
Yes. I meant online check in. As far as I remember I was also able to upgrade during online check in as Platinum/SFC before becoming Diamond.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
No change in booking class. Original fare basis remains.
Thanks for the clarification!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:03 am

Does anyone know if diamond/platinum gets upgrade to PY if booked into UA codeshare? (NH metal)
Able to select PY during online checkin?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I just checked in online for my HND-HAN flight. This is an award booking made with UA miles. I have no status with NH but I added my AMC number for check in and it let me pick any premium economy seat for free. This is on a 787-9 with only 2 rows of PE.

How often do non-status passengers get this upgrade? And am I in any danger of getting bumped out of the seat?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Pochama
I just checked in online for my HND-HAN flight. This is an award booking made with UA miles. I have no status with NH but I added my AMC number for check in and it let me pick any premium economy seat for free. This is on a 787-9 with only 2 rows of PE.

How often do non-status passengers get this upgrade? And am I in any danger of getting bumped out of the seat?
ANA does not sell PY on the route, so you are just being allowed to select the seat. It will be standard economy class service.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
ANA does not sell PY on the route, so you are just being allowed to select the seat. It will be standard economy class service.
Ok thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.