ANA Honolulu Lounge (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by radiowell
From the link on the first post

https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/20...0180530-2.html

So, yeah. In addition to UA, don't forget that AC, CA, NZ and OZ also fly to HNL. Coming soon to this forum: " ANA HNL lounge overcrowding" thread
You forgot WS. With all of the low fares to HNL and the frequency of these sales, I think your assumption will be correct.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Has anybody heard any news as to when the lounge is expected to open?
I would like to know too. I was in HNL in 2018 and I would love to go back especially when North America is going through winter...

I wonder what the operating hours will be like?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by lsquare
You forgot WS.
Unless I'm missing something, WS passengers won't have Star Alliance lounge access.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joejones
Unless I'm missing something, WS passengers won't have Star Alliance lounge access.
Sorry, I thought he was listing the airlines that flies into HNL and WS popped up in my head.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA
A380 flights starting soon, last I heard lounge was opening May 20 something. Any more details?
Old May 10, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
A380 flights starting soon, last I heard lounge was opening May 20 something. Any more details?
ANA Announces New Lounge in Honolulu Airport Opening on May 24, 2019
https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201905/20190508.html
Old May 10, 2019, 6:54 pm

Anyone know when ANA is changing from Diamond Head to Ewa at HNL, or who might get swapped over to Diamond Head instead? Figured they may move Qantas over to Diamond Head based on flight times.
Old May 10, 2019, 6:56 pm

May 24 .. when the A380 service starts and the new lounge opens. The A380 gate and lounge are tied to the move.

No idea if other flights are moving there or not. Your guess is as good as mine for now.

-David
Old May 11, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lentibear
ANA Announces New Lounge in Honolulu Airport Opening on May 24, 2019
https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201905/20190508.html
The press release mentioned that *G and one guest will be allowed. Nice!

I wonder what the operating hours are? It would be nice if I can take advantage of the lounge for late night HNL departures.
Old May 11, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lsquare
The press release mentioned that *G and one guest will be allowed. Nice!

I wonder what the operating hours are? It would be nice if I can take advantage of the lounge for late night HNL departures.
Lounge Operating Hours
From 08:30 until the departure of the final ANA-operated flight of the day

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/servicei...etail/hnl.html
love_to_travel likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lounge Operating Hours

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/servicei...etail/hnl.html
I just did a quick search on Google on a random August date. The last flight out of HNL with ANA is at 14:10 local time. That's pretty disappointing. I'm guessing the lounge probably won't serve dinner.
Old May 12, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: United Gold
I was hoping to get into the lounge early to watch the A380 taxi to the gate. Unfortunately NH184 is scheduled to land at 8:30am. Maybe they'll have an extended time on the tarmac and I'll *just* catch them taxiing in
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
ANA Lounge HNL - Reviews and Discussions

During my recent UA's SFO-HNL-GUM-HKG journey, I was able to stop by the new ANA Lounge HNL. Here are some observations I am able to share with all of you here.

1. Going to the lounge

By any chance if you are connecting from a UA flight, NH has chartered a shuttle going between G Gates and C Gates. However, the shuttle will only pick up pax who have ongoing NH BP (F/J for sure, Y maybe) only. So please make sure that you have the BP as the driver will check.

Otherwise, you either have to walk or take the HNL's own Wiki-Wiki Shuttle.

(Note - Make sure you take the right shuttle because WN also has a special shuttle to transport its own pax to baggage claim.)

2. ANA Lounge/Suite Lounge

Like other ANA Lounge/Suite Lounge, the lounges share the same entrance. However, unlike others, which the lounges are separate, they are technically the same area, simply with different amenities. Yes - you can see through both sides as they are not blocked.

The lounges are okay in term of the space. During my visit, the lounge was spacious. However, keep in mind, HNL-NRT uses A380. So the demand of lounge access will increase gradually.

2. Amenities and Expectation

As you can see from the pictures, the amenities provided ain't bad, but simply not good enough, in NH's own standard. For those of you who have accessed the ANA Lounge elsewhere before, keep in mind, don't set your expectation high. Comparing to other ANA Lounge systemwide, especially NRT/HND, even anew, the lounge's amenities are simply average. Many things you expect a NH lounge to have are simply not in this lounge.

3. Boarding

The entire gate area, including the lounge, is specially designed for the A380. Therefore, the lounge has designated boarding area for different pax.

If your flight is with A380 and you are traveling F/J, you will need to board in the lounge. Unfortunately, all others will have to leave the lounge and go back downstairs to board.

However, the boarding area will not be used unless A380 is used.

4. Last thought

The ANA Lounge HNL is definitely worth stopping by if you have access or forced to access the lounge due to boarding. Again - set your expectation low, not Tokyo's standard, and you should be fine.

Hope you all enjoy.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: MP, BR
Originally Posted by garykung
During my recent UA's SFO-HNL-GUM-HKG journey, I was able to stop by the new ANA Lounge HNL. Here are some observations I am able to share with all of you here.

Sorry for going off topic but any chance your HNL-GUM flight was the Island Hopper? If so would you mind sharing some experiences (through here/UA forum/pm) as I've been thinking about NH/UA round trip between HKG/HNL taking the Island Hopper on one of the legs. Thanks
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Chromie25
Sorry for going off topic but any chance your HNL-GUM flight was the Island Hopper? If so would you mind sharing some experiences (through here/UA forum/pm) as I've been thinking about NH/UA round trip between HKG/HNL taking the Island Hopper on one of the legs. Thanks
It was the nonstop. Sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.