Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA Honolulu Lounge (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by joejones
I wonder whether UA*G will have access when flying to the mainland (and if so, how many will figure this out).
Technically they wont, right?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by sodaisei
Technically they wont, right?
Technically they should, just like at the LH and TK lounges at IAD...
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
I wonder whether UA*G will have access when flying to the mainland (and if so, how many will figure this out).
They will, but the NH lounge will be at C4 while UA uses the G and F gates so it'll be somewhat of a trek...
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:28 pm

It may not be a star alliance lounge. Do we know that yet? Not all partner lounges are star alliance lounges.

-David
Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:19 pm

From the link on the first post

https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/20...0180530-2.html

Note:
<Eligibility for the Lounge>
ANA SUITE LOUNGE
・First Class passengers (with one additional guest)
・Diamond Service members (with one additional guest)

ANA LOUNGE
・First Class passengers (with one additional guest)
・Business Class passengers
・Premium Economy passengers
・Diamond Service members (with one additional guest)
・Platinum Service members (with one additional guest)
・Super Flyers members (with one additional guest)
・Star Alliance Gold members (with one additional guest)
So, yeah. In addition to UA, don't forget that AC, CA, NZ and OZ also fly to HNL. Coming soon to this forum: " ANA HNL lounge overcrowding" thread
LIH Prem, joejones and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:06 pm

New details on the A380 released today; includes a short video with a virtual tour of the cabins- https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/promotio...yMail201807855
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I know it is just a computer animation and the final details will look different, but based on this I'd say that first class looks very sterile and cold, not a very welcoming ambience. The grey colour scheme is not a good choice
invalyd likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: United Gold
So... I just found out that I can still earn PQM/PQD for United 1K while flying ANA metal. And today I just found out that ANA is going to be building a lounge in HNL *AND* replacing their 787-9 with an A380. WOOHOO!!! I have one trip this December on ANA (787-9) to qualify for United 1K (I bought the ticket on united.com). I can't wait till they start using the A380! WOOHOO! I must be the happiest FlyerTalker in the world right now
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I have one trip this December on ANA (787-9) to qualify for United 1K (I bought the ticket on united.com).
I hope you aren't expecting any of this stuff for your upcoming flight, because the lounge and the A380s won't be here until next spring...
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
....And today I just found out that ANA is going to be building a lounge in HNL *AND* replacing their 787-9 with an A380. ......
@love_to_travel
Nice to see your enthusiasm.

I started this thread here on the ANA Forum on June 1 of this year. It contained info on the new ANA HNL lounge including planned opening date

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29819490-post1.html

I hope you aren't expecting any of this stuff for your upcoming flight, because the lounge and the A380s won't be here until next spring...
Exactly.

And as per the original ANA Press Release which I posted in my OP

QUOTE: "he lounge will be opening in spring 2019"

https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201805/20180530-2.html

​​​​​​​
And Happy Travels!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:50 am

Smile

Yups, I know. I'll use the ANA lounge at NRT on the way back this December.

I'm still so excited that 1) HNL will finally have an A380, 2) The A380 is on a carrier where I can earn United PQD/PQM, 3) The A380 goes to a city I visit often anyway, and finally 4) ANA lounge in HNL! WOOHOO!
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
(Possibly one of the worst international arrivals experiences anywhere, IMHO)
I agree. International arrival at HNL is completely awful.

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
However gate 29/C4 is on the wing that has direct secure walkable access to immigration.
I did not know this, being a United guy, I've always had to take that insanely slow and crowded bus.

I'll be on the 3rd A380 NH184 flight from NRT on 5/28, so It will be great to be able to walk to immigration (as in most proper airports around the world).

Also, I really, really hope the lounge is ready for my 5/24 outbound. It will be nice to board the plane directly from the lounge
Carfield likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:11 pm

I agree. International arrival at HNL is completely awful.

I did not know this, being a United guy, I've always had to take that insanely slow and crowded bus.

I'll be on the 3rd A380 NH184 flight from NRT on 5/28, so It will be great to be able to walk to immigration (as in most proper airports around the world).

Also, I really, really hope the lounge is ready for my 5/24 outbound. It will be nice to board the plane directly from the lounge
The only time I've done an INTL arrival at HNL was into C8 (Hawaiian from AKL) which has the Ewa corridor. For the current Diamond Head gates, is the path upstairs to the buses even sterile or do arriving pax have to walk directly through the departure lounge to the escalator? The lounge gate sounds awesome, I just wonder how they will separate the lounge entrance from INTL arrivals going to that Ewa corridor because the entrance was by the only escalator, per the floor plans. Any ideas?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by seakrait
The only time I've done an INTL arrival at HNL was into C8 (Hawaiian from AKL) which has the Ewa corridor. For the current Diamond Head gates, is the path upstairs to the buses even sterile or do arriving pax have to walk directly through the departure lounge to the escalator? The lounge gate sounds awesome, I just wonder how they will separate the lounge entrance from INTL arrivals going to that Ewa corridor because the entrance was by the only escalator, per the floor plans. Any ideas?
It's not really sterile, but they cordon off a path guarded by employees so when you exit the gate you are directed upstairs (via escalator) in the diamond head wing or out to the buses from the Delta shared gates at the end of the main terminal that also aren't directly connected to international arrivals. So you aren't just being guided to the bus, they are watching over you to make sure you don't try to "escape" at the same time. At some gates, you would have to walk through a path through an empty departure lounge. At gate 8 (or 9?), I believe, there's a door that they open that leads towards the escalator (the same one you might use to go to the United Club), but the entire path is roped off in any event with employees along the way. It's got to cost them a fair amount of money to do it this way. And when you get off the bus, they have an employee or two there to make sure you go down the escalator or stairs to immigration.

It's awful, one of the worst experiences I've ever had .. maybe getting a bus gate at NAIA was worse?

But it doesn't have to be that bad, all they have to do is not pack those "wiki wiki" buses the way they do and run a few more.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Feb 7, 2019 at 6:50 pm
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Has anybody heard any news as to when the lounge is expected to open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.