Wiki Posts
Search

Using Star Alliance Lounge in TPE

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold
Using Star Alliance Lounge in TPE

My mother is flying solo from TPE-NRT-IAH.
I was able to use UA GPU to upgrade to business class for the NRT-IAH leg.
TPE-NRT leg is serviced by ANA.
Given that she is flying economy from TPE-NRT, can she check in at ANA business-class counter in TPE? Can she access Star Alliance Lounge in TPE (I think there is only Eva lounge?)

Thanks.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by needHelp
My mother is flying solo from TPE-NRT-IAH.
I was able to use UA GPU to upgrade to business class for the NRT-IAH leg.
TPE-NRT leg is serviced by ANA.
Given that she is flying economy from TPE-NRT, can she check in at ANA business-class counter in TPE? Can she access Star Alliance Lounge in TPE (I think there is only Eva lounge?)

Thanks.
Star Alliance service is generally based on the class of the departing flight, with some exceptions. But as this is not NH's own lounge I doubt very much that that she can use the lounge. NH prints lounge access on the boarding pass, so will be easy to see. And they will give her a small map of lounge location is applicable..

Business class check in would probably work.
Old May 31, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
can she check in at ANA business-class counter in TPE?
yes
Can she access Star Alliance Lounge in TPE (I think there is only Eva lounge?)Thanks.
no
Old May 31, 2018, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SQ also has a lounge at TPE. The NH flight leaves early so might as well just get onto the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.