Wiki Posts
Search

Does ANA get any cheaper than this?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2018, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Hi, nobody is suggesting your marriage would be in peril because you did not take the direct flight TYO-JFK.
I am merely pointing out that the financial sting of betting on an app that predicts a cheaper ticket might dampen an otherwise happy honeymoon occasion. If a few hundred dollars are a deal-breaker, then I suggest to find creative routes for cheap tickets, or connect in the US (ORD/SFO/LAX).
If a few hundred dollars are not a deal-breaker, then I suggest to buy the tickets now, lock down the trip dates, and focus instead on your activities between the direct flights!
No problem mate, I was kidding. I will probably book the ANA flights soon as next month is bonus month.

Just advice for the future. It is better to lock down the flights before accommodation. You can always find alternative (cheaper) accommodation for specific flight dates, but rarely can you find alternative (cheaper) flight for specific hotel dates.
Thank you. I agree with you, but NYC in Christmas is really bad for accommodation, and we found this rare airbnb place in Brooklyn so I wanted to get it asap even before the flights.
Old May 23, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
OP, it appears that shifting the outbound a day early brings it down to $1393 per passenger ($1302 if on UA metal). Coincidentally this price seems to be more or less in line with what hopper is predicting--so maybe it's a matter of a specific fare inventory being sold out on the 22nd?

Any chance that you can fly out a day earlier and find alternate accommodation for the night of the 21st?
Old May 23, 2018, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JMBResona
OP, it appears that shifting the outbound a day early brings it down to $1393 per passenger ($1302 if on UA metal). Coincidentally this price seems to be more or less in line with what hopper is predicting--so maybe it's a matter of a specific fare inventory being sold out on the 22nd?

Any chance that you can fly out a day earlier and find alternate accommodation for the night of the 21st?
Thank you, that might be it. But since hopper predicts the price will go down it could mean ANA or United would release some seats on those fares in the next few months.

Right now I cant really fly a day earlier, but I will hold some weeks as I might change jobs to a new place that would give me longer Christmas holidays and then I would be able to fly earlier.

Thank you!
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by sodaisei
Thank you, that might be it. But since hopper predicts the price will go down it could mean ANA or United would release some seats on those fares in the next few months
To OP, I hope you are tracking the prices. Was $1200 per person last month, right now it is $1630 per person (370,000 JPY for two).
Did Hopper predict this?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Besides awards I've never seen ANA cheap. I've found booking via United to usually be cheaper but ANA if anything is usually priced hundreds of dollars higher than BR/CA/MU etc.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

To OP, I hope you are tracking the prices. Was $1200 per person last month, right now it is $1630 per person (370,000 JPY for two).
Did Hopper predict this?
??

It has been 370,000 JPY for two for months and it hasn't change. Hopper predicts it will get cheaper in a few weeks/months.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:19 am

Oh. I though I saw cheaper a few weeks ago. Seems I set the wrong google flight alerts (with connection options).
Keep your fingers crossed though.
How long do you plan to wait? Just curious.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Oh. I though I saw cheaper a few weeks ago. Seems I set the wrong google flight alerts (with connection options).
Keep your fingers crossed though.
How long do you plan to wait? Just curious.
I really want to believe hopper. It has helped me in the past. I would wait until Sep-Oct. But I always have the non pleasing option of not taking a direct flight...
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Hi all.

I have been thinking that maybe I could try getting a round trip award in economy for me and my wife. I am not experienced in getting award trips.

What are my options?? (Being ANA Platinum helps?)

Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:19 pm

Your options as you see are clear. waitlist.
Award availability for such a high season generally disappear a year out, right at the start of the booking window, 330 days. out.

Don't lose faith in hopper. It is still the month of June.
OR, follow the advice I gave you in previous posts of this thread and limit your damage by committing to a cash price now.
OR, postpone/change the dates of the trip (hotel bookings and all).
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Award availability for such a high season generally disappear a year out, right at the start of the booking window, 330 days. out.

Don't lose faith in hopper. It is still the month of June.
OR, follow the advice I gave you in previous posts of this thread and limit your damage by committing to a cash price now.
OR, postpone/change the dates of the trip (hotel bookings and all).
Thank you, I will check my options.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
This is ANA forum, not JAL :-)
The window is 355 days.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:27 pm

5 more days too late. @sodaisei....you can also check out routes with multiple stopovers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.