Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Platinum status with ANA [and vice versa]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
IHG Platinum status with ANA [and vice versa]

Check your inbox as ANA is giving IHG Platinum Elite to some Platinum and Diamond. I got my e-mail yesterday and applied for it.

I don't like IHG hotels (actually had a very bad experience with them recently and with their customer support) but I guess having status is better than nothing.
Old May 10, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I got the opposite, a free upgrade to ANA Platinum status.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Yeah I was also going to mention that IHG elites are getting ANA Platinum. That pisses me off a little bit honestly... devaluates ANA Platinum... I would say IHG Platinum would be something like ANA Bronze.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by sodaisei
Yeah I was also going to mention that IHG elites are getting ANA Platinum. That pisses me off a little bit honestly... devaluates ANA Platinum... I would say IHG Platinum would be something like ANA Bronze.
I do not have any status with IHG and have almost never stayed in their hotels. Maybe they are sending the offer to everyone in APAC? I am based in Hong Kong.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by valdor
I do not have any status with IHG and have almost never stayed in their hotels. Maybe they are sending the offer to everyone in APAC? I am based in Hong Kong.
Well this makes me angrier
Old May 11, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have got the mail from IHG. I applied for the ANA Platinum status. Maybe I use ANA a bit more when I travel in Asia.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I am platinum with IHG, and did not get an offer for ANA status So I guess targeted at certain markets.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: TG*G
Seems crazy! But I've signed up despite being Gold on TG already. Can't hurt to have multiple statuses.

I'm based in Bangkok if that helps determine where they are aiming their promotion.
Old May 11, 2018, 11:29 am

I got the email as an IHG Plat.

I think I got targeted as I stayed in one of the ANA crowne plaza Hotel last year?

I'm a UK based IHG member, and only had that one stay in Japan. No other stays in APAC within the past 2 years.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I didn't get the email but I was eligible for the sign-up as an IHG Plat.

Will basically mean I can get into UC for free for the next 10 months if I'm ever on UA and will come in handy for our flights on NZ on our honeymoon this fal.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by Duke787
I didn't get the email but I was eligible for the sign-up as an IHG Plat.

Will basically mean I can get into UC for free for the next 10 months if I'm ever on UA and will come in handy for our flights on NZ on our honeymoon this fal.
Unfortunately UA won't let us into the club with domestic tickets.

Just applied for the match too .... not sure when I would use it but can't hurt.
Old May 11, 2018, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by blitzen

Just applied for the match too .... not sure when I would use it but can't hurt.
UA will let you in to a club with domestic tickets only, provided that the *G card is from another carrier. I have done this multiple times with Scandinavian Airlines *G.
Duke787 likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
UA will let you in to a club with domestic tickets only, provided that the *G card is from another carrier. I have done this multiple times with Scandinavian Airlines *G.
very good! When I was reading about it it was sounding differently but they didn’t make a difference between UA Gold and Gold from other carriers.
So it will be useful (once matched).
Thanks
Old May 11, 2018, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond

very good! When I was reading about it it was sounding differently but they didn’t make a difference between UA Gold and Gold from other carriers.
So it will be useful (once matched).
Thanks
Yep just make sure you bring the physical card. Did this a couple years ago when Avianca Amigo was doing status matches. Used it a couple of times at United Clubs and a couple of times in Europe (including one time when I lounge hopped to all the LHR *G lounges before flying LHR - OSL on SK)
Old May 13, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: MP 1K, NH Diamond, EK Gold, IHG SA, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
As Diamond, I received the offer for Spire Elite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.