Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Platinum status with ANA [and vice versa]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, NH, SPG
Originally Posted by vegascraig
Are you sure that you've actually received the upgrade? I haven't seen a single report on any forum of anybody who wasn't targeted being approved for this. Yes, everybody gets the same "congratulations" message after inputting basically any valid IHG & ANA member number, but as far as the actual status changing, there haven't been any reports. Have you logged into your ANA account and seen that it now shows platinum? I'm a little leery that after 5 minutes yours would be processed when others are still waiting weeks.
I think that's probably what happened. I haven't checked it out yet, I just saw the "you're approved" message and didn't bother to check. If it's taking actual elites months to actually process the upgrade, I doubt mine would go through this quick either- if at all.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: ANA: SFC / Marriott: Platinum Elite / Hilton: Diamond
I checked directly with ANA, and no one who was not directly targeted will be matched. Per their response:

"Regarding “IHG Rewards Club Campaign”,
since this campaign was leaded only to targeted customers,
for this reason, even if you filled out the application form,
IHG and we can can not offer you in this Campaign.

Please understand that Campaign registration
by ineligible members will not be accepted."
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by Torode
I checked directly with ANA, and no one who was not directly targeted will be matched. Per their response:

"Regarding “IHG Rewards Club Campaign”,
since this campaign was leaded only to targeted customers,
for this reason, even if you filled out the application form,
IHG and we can can not offer you in this Campaign.

Please understand that Campaign registration
by ineligible members will not be accepted."
well it was worth a try
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:48 am

I got matched to ANA platnum recently through the IHG offer, My account shows platinum when I login. Can someone direct me as to how to print out the membership card online so I can show my Star Alliance Gold status. Also, I am planning to fly SQ later this year. If I credit my miles to Alaska or Aegean, will I be able to utilize any Star Alliance Gold benefit. Sorry for the newbie question, I am new to *A. Mainly One World Elite before.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mmdough
I got matched to ANA platnum recently through the IHG offer, My account shows platinum when I login. Can someone direct me as to how to print out the membership card online so I can show my Star Alliance Gold status. Also, I am planning to fly SQ later this year. If I credit my miles to Alaska or Aegean, will I be able to utilize any Star Alliance Gold benefit. Sorry for the newbie question, I am new to *A. Mainly One World Elite before.
Technically speaking, you should be able to show your physical card for lounge access. And still credit elsewhere. Be aware however, that many airlines will update the frequent flyer number to the one you use to access the lounge. So check your booking after doing this to make sure where the miles are going.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by FlyingKansan
Unless you see Platinum in that box that would be Basic Status.
Originally Posted by jamesgbbc
My box is blue - does that mean I am platinum?
It’s easy to miss... the box is blue but ‘Platinum’ is written in the blue box.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:20 pm
Suspended

IHG Status Match to ANA Platinum

Hey, new here, please move to the correct matser thread if already been asked.

But it looks like some people have manged to get their ANA new account matched to SA gold, even though they didnt received the offer in email.

So if anybody know if this can be confirmed as a rare concidence or they actually let a part of people get SA gold for a year for free, as I've managed to register everything sucessfully but still havent got anything back from them.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I'm confused.

Your thread title states IHG, you then ask about SA. Do you mean South African Airways? Or Star Alliance? Or something else? As a rule, *A does not status match from *A partners.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat., Hilton Diamond
I submitted a new AMC account and subsequently filled in the corresponding IHG form in late June. Still a blue box with no status indicated in AMC. Got a reply from ANA AMC after sending the IHG/ANA invitation e-mail proof to ANA yesterday.
"
As ANA is the receiving carrier where all eligible member lists was sent by IHG, we regretfully cannot check the eligibility directly from our end, and when the request has been made.
Please check accordingly with IHG to inquire if the requests for status match was received on time, and if so why the membership number was not passed on to ANA.
"
Has anyone faced similar question and which e-mail address (or which channel) should I address to? Thanks !
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
My account upgraded to Platinum (just noticed it). Will I get a physical card? I looked for a electronic card desktop/ios app but couldn't find any.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by blitzen
My account upgraded to Platinum (just noticed it). Will I get a physical card? I looked for a electronic card desktop/ios app but couldn't find any.
Do you mind taking a screenshot to share how your updated status looks like on the page?

Mine looks like this, so I guess I'm still only a basic member and the match didn't went through..
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
Do you mind taking a screenshot to share how your updated status looks like on the page?

Mine looks like this, so I guess I'm still only a basic member and the match didn't went through..
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyingKansan
Thanks for sharing, I guess I was not matched..
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:33 am

You can download the ANA app. There are two and one is for booking etc. but the other one seems to be just for FF > on iOS it is called ANA Mileage (and this one has a digital membership card that I couldn't find anywhere else)
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:47 pm

Programs: NH Platinum/*G
IHG Platinum/Spire Status for ANA Elites

Just received an email from ANA -- they're granting Platinum Elite IHG status for ANA Platinum and Bronze Members. They're granting Spire Elite Status for Diamond Members.

This may be targeted, but feel free to check if you're eligible! Links below.

IHG Platinum Elite for ANA Platinum/Bronze: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/amc/cpn/ihg-plt/
IHG Spire Elite for ANA Diamond: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/amc/cpn/ihg-dia/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.