Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

flight reward: can i pay airline $ for changing econ to premium econ?

flight reward: can i pay airline $ for changing econ to premium econ?

Old May 7, 2018, 10:50 am
Original Poster

flight reward: can i pay airline $ for changing econ to "premium only" econ?

I'm looking at booking an aeroplan reward ticket which has NH116 on HND-YVR segment. According to EF for that particular segment and date, only seats left in econ are middle seats. I do see an abundant number of "Premium Only" seats in econ. After I book the ticket, would I be able to call NH and change my econ seat to a "Premium Only" seat and pay extra out of my own pocket?

Last edited by seks; May 7, 2018 at 11:09 am
Old May 7, 2018, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by seks
I'm looking at booking an aeroplan reward ticket which has NH116 on HND-YVR segment. According to EF for that particular segment and date, only seats left in econ are middle seats. I do see an abundant number of "Premium Only" seats in econ. After I book the ticket, would I be able to call NH and change my econ seat to a "Premium Only" seat and pay extra out of my own pocket?
No. Premium Econ Upgrade
Old May 7, 2018, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Found that out on the phone with NH.

There are better vacant seats that are not released right now until 24h prior to check-in. I guess I will have to take my gamble now: book the flight, get a middle seat, and then hope for the best when I check-in 24h prior.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.