Shanghai 144 Hour Transit Visa

Old May 7, 2018, 1:06 am

I'm thniking about doing the same but now im not so sure. :S
Old May 7, 2018, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: ANA Diamond
I was denied by the agent. I am actually well aware of the transit rules, but made the mistake of not arriving early enough at the airport (to argue). You are correct that there are no direct flights from YVR- Shanghai (both airports), and that it requires a layover in Tokyo. Yup, once again, they are completely right in denying me based on the wording of the rules. I guess I should have been more clear, but having flown this exact itinerary in the past, I know that on arrival staff at PVG have the power to give you a visa at their discretion.

From the spirit of the rules, the fact that I am going back to HND after arriving in Shanghai invalidates the transit visa, but I have found that in the past, the agents at PVG only care about the fact that you're leaving the country. I suspect that they will change the wording of the rules in the future, as it is honestly non-sensical if their aim is increase tourism to key areas. Otherwise, you are perfectly correct @truncated that it is not a "legal" itinerary. At the end of the day it's my fault for booking this itinerary, as the price was too good to pass up (haha before the extra fee).
Old May 7, 2018, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: ANA Diamond
Don't. Get a visa. It's not worth the hassle if you have a gate agent who might not know what they're doing. You are completely at their mercy, especially if you arrive later to the gate and don't have time to argue. It's just not worth the hassle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.