Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

stopover on partner award ticket not allowed - married segment logic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to book a roundtrip partner award ticket in C.

outbound: JFK-IST(4 day stopover)-HKT
return-BKK-VIE-JFK

AFAIK, this should be a "legal" booking, with one stopover and an open jaw.

The agent said TK was not allowing her to break up the JFK-IST-HKT portion of the flight to allow a stopover due to married segment logic (JFK-IST is not available that date as a standalone award ticket, it's only available JFK-IST-HKT). The connecting flight IST-HKT is 4 days later and is available as a standalone ticket, as well as part of a JFK-IST-BKK itinerary.

Anyway to get this booked?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by jchock1
I'm trying to book a roundtrip partner award ticket in C.

outbound: JFK-IST(4 day stopover)-HKT
return-BKK-VIE-JFK

AFAIK, this should be a "legal" booking, with one stopover and an open jaw.

The agent said TK was not allowing her to break up the JFK-IST-HKT portion of the flight to allow a stopover due to married segment logic (JFK-IST is not available that date as a standalone award ticket, it's only available JFK-IST-HKT). The connecting flight IST-HKT is 4 days later and is available as a standalone ticket, as well as part of a JFK-IST-BKK itinerary.

Anyway to get this booked?
Both of you and agent's explaination may be wrong.
You can't go from North America(JFK) to Asia(HKT) via Europe(IST).

You have to book itinerary as two awards, or change a route and book as a RTW award.

BTW, availability of JFK-IST of JFK-xiST-HKT and JFK-IST alone could be different as TK and ANA agent said because of married segments.
Tokyoite likes this.

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; Mar 30, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
@wasabi, you are spot on!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.